Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another POS for your BBL

dominicanchica11 submitted a best offer that I accepted, never made payment and ignored several attempts to contact her loser a$$. Egay could help alleviate this problem by giving an automatic NEG to idiots who bid and don't pay, but apparently they're too busy trying to think of new ways to screw over the people who sell on their site.

Comments

• Options
    It's getting out of hand, I can't imagine how bad it is for most of you guys that actually sell a high volume of product. I don't sell a lot and when I do it is typically lower end items I am just trying to get rid of and they go cheap, and I still have these clowns who never pay. I've sold 16 things over the last 2/3 weeks and 6 of them were never paid for and 1 guy took over 14 days to pay for an item that was $3.25. I don't get it, is it a game for people to just bid on stuff and then not pay?
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't sell much high-dollar stuff, but the last two items that sold for over $100, it took over a week to get paid, and that's after emailing them once 7 days had past. Oh well, I just sit and wait.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    people will always do what they are "allowed" to do
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet despite the abuse, we sellers keep coming back to ebay saying, "Thank you Sir, may I have another"
  • Options

<< <i>I give people 7 days to pay as is stated in the description of ALL of my listings >>

QFT

<< <i>I give people 7 days to pay as is stated in the description of ALL of our listings >>

fixed for you image
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When you sell a higher volume of stuff having 1 or 2 people who either don't pay or take a while to pay isn't really an issue ... you just file the form, block the bidder, and move on.

I give people 7 days to pay as is stated in the description of ALL of my listings (except on some rare occasions, ie fire-sale).

About 20-30% make payment without even having to send an invoice ... most of the rest pay within the 7 days. Maybe 1% causes an issue and it's a pretty standard and easy process to deal with them.

The system is far from perfect, but just try to remember all of the positive customers you have and focus on them - they're worth it. >>

+1. Wise words, bubblebath. The ebay buyer universe is no different than the population as a whole. Good apples and bad apples, but you should focus your time and energy on building relationships with the good apples, while seeking ways to minimize the impact of the bad apples.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>Yet despite the abuse, we sellers keep coming back to ebay saying, "Thank you Sir, may I have another" >>

I've been selling less and less on ebay as their policies have become more idiotic. They're obviously not at all interested in providing a safe selling environment, so many sellers are now just using their site as cheap advertising and listing with the intent of making off-ebay deals to save on their ridiculous fees (and their fees are ridiculous when you consider the sh*t service they provide).
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yet despite the abuse, we sellers keep coming back to ebay saying, "Thank you Sir, may I have another" >>

I've been selling less and less on ebay as their policies have become more idiotic. They're obviously not at all interested in providing a safe selling environment, so many sellers are now just using their site as cheap advertising and listing with the intent of making off-ebay deals to save on their ridiculous fees (and their fees are ridiculous when you consider the sh*t service they provide). >>

Whats you preferred online alternative who gives you what Ebay does? You can sell your high end stuff at REA or other auctions and pay 5x the fees that Ebay charges you, but you don't have any alternative for selling your low end material. Until a better game comes along, Ebay still feels like your best avenue.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    I'm just surprised there really hasn't been a competitor for selling cards other than an auction house. Ebay obviously still rules for now...

The other sites, card shops etc don't nearly get the volume that Ebay does, and it might always be that way.

Hasn't there been a few sites created the last couple years just for cards? I can't remember, but they must not do to well or have shut down.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'm strongly considering not selling anymore & just consigning everything.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Packing up another nice shipment to Rick now. It just makes sense for me, and I understand it may not for everyone. My time can be spent buying, researching, bidding, etc.

Give it shot, the only thing you'll lose is a small percent.

How much is your time worth? You can still do the BST and other stuff...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I've been selling less and less on ebay as their policies have become more idiotic. They're obviously not at all interested in providing a safe selling environment, so many sellers are now just using their site as cheap advertising and listing with the intent of making off-ebay deals to save on their ridiculous fees (and their fees are ridiculous when you consider the sh*t service they provide). >>

Whats you preferred online alternative who gives you what Ebay does? You can sell your high end stuff at REA or other auctions and pay 5x the fees that Ebay charges you, but you don't have any alternative for selling your low end material. Until a better game comes along, Ebay still feels like your best avenue. >>

If I auction a $1,000 card on ebay with an opening bid of $200, it will cost me $122 (listing + final value + paypal fees). If I consign that same card to my preferred auction house and it sells for $1,000 (including buyer's premium), the buyer pays something like $190 and I come out with a net of around $810 (no consignment fees), but they also do all the work and once I'm paid...I'm paid. I don't have to worry about some loser sending back an empty box on a SNAD claim or just running a chargeback because they feel like keeping the card and the money, and I have to worry much less about whether I'll be paid at all (I've had four non paying bidders on my last 20 or so ebay auctions and every one of those "buyers" is still registered on ebay). Just about any auction house would kick these people off no questions asked, but ebay allows their "buyers" to do it over and over again. For lower end stuff, ebay is pretty much it outside of B/S/T sections, and luckily I don't deal too much in lower end stuff.
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm strongly considering not selling anymore & just consigning everything. >>

+1