Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions about 1967 Topps Poster issue

Did they all come folded? How is grading taken into account with the fold, assuming you think something would normally grade a 6 and it has this fold what grade would PSA be giving it?

Comments

• Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    Sean,

The came folded -- I believe inserted in packs. Grading is very tough and corners matter a lot.

Hold the poster up to the light and make sure there is not a small hole in the center where the two folds meet. If there is, it is not worth grading, unless it's a Mantle or maybe a Clemente.

Be careful, as prices on these have fallen very fast in the past two years.

Scott
  • Options
    Thanks Scott, have a Clemente, 2 Mantles and a Killebrew.
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    I've graded quite a few of these (68 and 71 football in particular), and the grades are all over the board. they all have the folds, so a folded poster can conceivably get a PSA 10. but what really knocks them down is if there is even the smallest nick in the center of the poster where both folds meet. I have a bunch of blazing posters in PSA 2 slabs for this reason. centering is also a real bear, and any minor tear on this thin paper is an automatic PSA 2 at best. I've graded about 150 (pulled from buying about 1500 NM+ posters), and have gotten a grand total of four PSA 8s. a tough issue.

*** BST SPAM ***

I have about 50 of my extra FB pinups on ebay now if you want to see (consigned thru Rick at probstein123), ending tomorrow.

1968 topps posters

and

1971 Topps pinups
  • Options
    also, what Scott said.
  • Options
    *** SPAM BUMP ****

yeah, should be in BST, but continuing the thread. the posters / pinups are ending in a couple of hours, many HOFers still at $0.99. I'm going to get smoked on these (got about $20 each in to them), but a good opportunity for player registry collectors!