Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is a first for me on eBay -

Won a 70 Clemente PSA 8 on Sunday night...and eBay writes me and says they removed the listing...oh well, I do like the card but won't lose sleep over it...does anyone think the seller felt he didn't get enough for it (winning bid was 116 and there was a late bid that took it up from 101 and change to where I won it). eBay was not specific regarding the reason, they just said "it was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines".

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comments

• Options
    Got a bunch of the same messages from eBay about some auctions I bid on. I didn't win them so it really didn't matter. Wonder if it's the same seller?
  • Options
    This seller from the BST had all there auctions removed by ebay link
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

• Options

Thank you. Was there a reason for the removals? He still has some active auctions running. I haven't paid for the item yet, nor has the seller contacted me. Have you done business with him before?
  • Options

hey guys-

Yes indeed his (are) auctions are gone....Im doing the legwork for him (he's in london) and am rather pissed 2 weeks of 12-16hr days wasted....They yanked the auctions due to volume and no tracking no's fast enough though all auctions ended sunday late and was going to spend today packing I only had 226 cards to go out of 1800 and didnt even send invoices because guys were still buying...So whoever pulled the trigger jumped the gun big time.....Case has been escalated and will have answers within 24 hrs...When we know more so will you on how were proceding....Everyone hold tight...Things will get handled...

anyone with further questions gator005@hotmail.com

Were legit still awaiting ebays response of why but its a bust at this point from are standpoint...Everyone will be refunded once we here from them as what and why.....

regards, matt

• Options

Nothing should be active im showing ZERO....
  • Options

Okay, I may have been incorrect about the active listings, I was probably looking at the e-mail I rcvd from eBay that still showed active auctions
    at the bottom of it.

Send me the invoice once you sort things out and if you are still selling the card I will happily pay the 116 plus shipping for it.
  • Options

<< <i>hey guys-

Yes indeed his (are) auctions are gone....Im doing the legwork for him (he's in london) and am rather pissed 2 weeks of 12-16hr days wasted....They yanked the auctions due to volume and no tracking no's fast enough though all auctions ended sunday late and was going to spend today packing I only had 226 cards to go out of 1800 and didnt even send invoices because guys were still buying...So whoever pulled the trigger jumped the gun big time..... >>

Just curious, what exactly does this mean "due to volume and no tracking no's fast enough"? Ebay negated 1800 auctions?!?
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    i got the same message. Glad I hadn't paid yet, just in case something is fishy.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    eBay basically flagged the account due to a massive amount of auctions listed out of no where is what it sounds like. Not sure why they really mentioned tracking numbers never heard that one before.

Sorry this happened to ya, more reasons it sucks to sell on eBay. Did they also freeze your PayPal funds? Would have thought if anything in this situation they would let the auctions run their course, but freeze the funds for around 21 days in PayPal. That seems to be the SOP.
  • Options

Yes indeed it was crashed automated due to mass listing and total amount....12yr member 100 percent fb though 97 percent was buying.....Anyway everyone will be refunded in the am.....Yes brendan your correct the 21 day thing is the route they should have ran......Should have drawn a flag when we first started with 2700 auctions up....Not let half them end...
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes indeed it was crashed automated due to mass listing and total amount....12yr member 100 percent fb though 97 percent was buying.....Anyway everyone will be refunded in the am.....Yes brendan your correct the 21 day thing is the route they should have ran......Should have drawn a flag when we first started with 2700 auctions up....Not let half them end... >>

I agree and hope eBay does you right, but their track record shows they will probably at most say oops we made a mistake and you can go and relist now, but ignore the fact we scared off half your bidders making them think you were scamming.
  • Options
    If you cracked the 20K mark in sales, Paypal may also hit you with the verification process--adding proof of inventory, tax records etc...I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a nightmare for you.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

2700 is a lot of listings and they tripped the buzzer.

The only workaround that I am aware of is the entry of
    tracking numbers immediately upon receipt of payment.
    Tho, with 2700 sales it would take some time to print the
    labels, which enables the auto-entry of the tracking numbers.

If you get hit with the "verification process," it is futile to argue
    with them; just fax them as much of the requested info as you
    can, as quickly as you can. (The slightest note of displeasure
    voiced against the monkeys will get you a MAJOR dose of the
    most expertly honed passive-agressive medicine that you have
    ever encountered. Their favorite punishment package is to claim
    that your faxes are "lost" or "never arrived." So, say nothing
    rude or hostile.)

Folks doing out of the ordinary mass-listings should call EBAY
    before they start the project.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.