Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wrestling card help

Hi, I was wondering if you guys can take a look at these wrestling cards and see if any would be worth grading. I'm trying to help my father sell some of his collection. He has the full set and most cards are in similar condition. Do you think it would be worth it to have any graded? Are there any cards that I should look for other than the stars? Thanks for the help / sorry i couldnt post the scan directly.

wrestling cards

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    DPeck ... wrestlingcardking ... where are you guys?????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

• << <i>DPeck ... wrestlingcardking ... where are you guys????? >>

Just draw a giant handle bar mustache in the sky they will see it and come to the rescue.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you have are the 1982 Wrestling All Stars A and B. There are many cards in the set that are generally worth grading. It is hard to tell by the scans the true condition but at first glance they look sharp.

There are many flaws with these cards you need to look for before grading. For example the top to bottom centering can be a huge issue along with print dots.

I would make sure you put these in card savers and under no circumstances in 9 pocket sheets as the cards are larger then a standard sports card. If you see any white on a corner it will grade almost certainly no higher then an 8 and if it is off centered too don't even bother to get them graded.

If you can scan them in individual scans and add to the photobuckett I can be of more assistance.
  • mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, I'll try to get some better scans up a little later.
  • spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    Grade "em
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    I didn't want to start another wrestling card thread so I'm just posting hear... I just picked up some cards that don't usually see on ebay that I've been looking for. I'm not 100 percent sure of the condition.. Couldn't really tell from the scans. But they were pretty cheap so I pulled the trigger. Any thoughts on the value in nm mint condition?

1985 all stars road warriors rookie
    1985 opc hogan number 16
    1995 cardz stunning steve austin rookie
    1973 chief jay strongbow hand cut paper stock. I just bought this so I could see what the cards are like so I can decide to be in the mkt for a andre or not
    1989 classi ultimate warrior rookie I'm not sure what the difference between the 89 and 90 are.. But it was only a buck so figured I'd pick it up. I'm trying to find out if psa will grade warriors 89 gum card from nz. .. But no luck yet. They need a scan of the back so if anyone has one please post

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to sell some cards that are not worth grading but would make good cards to get autographed let me know. I'm always trying to improve the signed cards in my collection. Good luck with the ones that you do decide to grade.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    I'll let you know how they look one I get them. I just also picked up the 89 market scene series 3 from nz. I think this has the ultimate warriors best card. He might not be that classic to most old school wrestling fans.. But anyone like me who followed the wwf in the late 80s ..he is on of the superstars. I hope psa decides to slab this set.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
    The Ultimate Warrior Market Scene is going to get hot.

That is a card I am looking for.

No one can dispute how huge the Warrior was. This card is not mass produced and that is what it is all about.

• There definitely seems to be a trend especially over the last several months. Maybe the last year or so. Names like Tyson, Macho, Giant, Hogan etc. It IMO its about to explode.

I don't even think MMA would be what it is today without some of the greats from boxing and wrestling. They are really starting to get their due. The passing of Macho also made things a little bit more real. It created a bigger reflection back on the mid 80's and early 90's.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
    Do you guys know anything about 89 classic? Are they rare or worth anything?
    89 Classic is super rare.

The problem is that 1990 Classic is basicaly the same set except for a few cards.

A few may be worth something but most will never be. There are simply too many in factory set condition of the 1990 version.

The Warrior Rookie card may get a lift one day and this is one of them.

If wrestling cards ever truely get hot this could be a cool set. At this point the Wrestling All Stars is the deal. Topps 1985 WWF is a far second.