Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who got.....

.....only the SECOND 1969 Topps #85 Lou Brock PSA MINT 9 as shown on the current Pop Report.

please identify yourself, if possible.

i would like to bow at your feet.

Comments

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know. You had the first right and you sold it?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    nah. wasn't me with the 9....got a nice 8 recently though. image

i think gaspipe sold the first MINT 9.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    For the record - I was the first to have the Brock in 9. sold to gaspipe, who sold to spence.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options

<< <i>For the record - I was the first to have the Brock in 9. sold to gaspipe, who sold to spence. >>

thank you sir, for that clarification....my memory only took me back to the most recent transaction, but i recall other threads about this topic and you being the original owner of the card.

now, to find that grail...... image
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For the record - I was the first to have the Brock in 9. sold to gaspipe, who sold to spence. >>

You should have taken the middle man out of the equation and went directly to Spence yourself.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I should have bought more gold at 250.00
    Good for you.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    I was happy to deal with gaspipe. Got what I wanted for the card. he owned it for sometime before selling to Spence.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Looks like its on ebay now
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to go for some big money. $1,000+ already

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have bought more gold at 250.00 >>

+1

+2

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    huh.
  • Options
    Maybe if you print out this thread and present it at the national you will get 10% off?
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe if you print out this thread and present it at the national you will get 10% off? >>

Or maybe Leighton will take you off their email Spam list.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Ends at $3700. I would've expected more considering how tough that card has been for so long, but whatever.

link
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even dream that good.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I should have bought more gold at 250.00 >>

I don't own any gold, but I'm trying to hoard as much pyrite as I can.
  • Options
    I should have also added, I should have not sold when it hit 800.00

lol

Good for you.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I should have also added, I should have not sold when it hit 800.00

lol >>

If you were Savvy Steve instead of Sideline Steve, these things wouldn't keep happening to you.
  • Options
    No one ever got hurt taking a profit.

Good for you.
  • Options
    PSA 9

SGC 80

If you would have told me 20 years ago that one of these Brocks would sell for more than 150 times the other, I would have thought you were crazy.