Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Went to Red Sox vs Mariners yesterday! Had great seats

I scored some great seats to the Red Sox vs Mariners game on Sunday. They were in the first row behind the diamond club. Kind of cracked me up thinking the seat I was sitting in cost me $70, while the seat in front of me was over $400 (of course they get all the food/drink they can eat)

The picture below were taken from my seat.

The kid in the red shirt in the front row of the 2nd photo scored! David Ortiz talked to him before one of his at-bats. The next time up, Ortiz brought the kid a signed game-used bat. Man was I envious!

-Jason

Comments

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    WOW great seats!!!

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Great seats! I was in Seattle/Tacoma playing golf this week at Chambers Bay/Gold Mountain and hit SafeCo Friday night for Sox/M's. I REALLY liked that park. Not a bad seat in the house.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nice pics ... hope you had a GREAT time!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice shots Jason. I can only get on row 18 behind home plate with our media station seats. The weather has been nice the last 2 or 3 homestands. Glad you had fun. Doug
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you had a great time...

Enjoyed your photos...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Attendance at M's games has been so dismal the last couple years, I've been able to walk up to the ticket booth the day of a game and score fantastic seats every time. I'm guessing the crowd was 90% Red Sox fans, as usual? Glad you had a good time! I LOVE Safeco, beautiful park, within walking distance from some excellent microbreweries.
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I took my daugher to the Friday night game and had nice seats 30 rows behind home plate. Have always enjoyed watching games in Safeco, less so in recent years with the Mariners level of play. :-(

Those are some great seats. Occasionally a client of mine will give me some diamond club seats. A few years back, I think I was on row three vs. the Yankees. Needless to say, with all the free liquor and food, I was having a good 'ol time yelling at Jeter and Arod. Not that they cared all that much--75% of the fans there were Yankee fans. :-(

• YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Great photos. It looks like you had a good time.
  • Popular game, a guy I work with was at that game too, although nowhere near as nice a seat.

Very cool of Ortiz to give that bat away, talk about single handidly extending the goodwill of baseball to kids! Sports can use that kind of PR.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very cool of Ortiz to give that bat away, talk about single handidly extending the goodwill of baseball to kids! Sports can use that kind of PR. >>

Red Sox fan for life image
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I was in Seattle last month and had the priveiege of watching the M's lose their 13th straight (to the Rangers, who were on a winning streak of their own)
    Our seats were 2nd row left field just beyond 3rd base, and I agree - great park, great food, great atmosphere
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Great seats
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I've been to about 30 games at Safeco, all over the park, and there isn't a bad seat. As far as the atmosphere...it's gotten too damn uptight there. Try to boo when someone deserves it, or you feel like it, and you risk the chance of an usher warning you. No thanks...

• << <i>I've been to about 30 games at Safeco, all over the park, and there isn't a bad seat. As far as the atmosphere...it's gotten too damn uptight there. Try to boo when someone deserves it, or you feel like it, and you risk the chance of an usher warning you. No thanks... >>

Funny, you should mention that, about being a bit uptight.

When the last batter was up, the usher in the diamond club gestured for everyone in that section to stand up. So we had to stand up in order to see over them. Well a guy about 5 rows behind us started to yell at us to sit back down, and an usher came down to us and told us we had to sit down, even though the people right in front of us were standing. and the usher stayed right there to make sure nobody stood. It was very lame, and I still don't understand it. All I know is I missed the last batter of the game because we could not see.

Otherwise it was a great game.

-Jason