Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay: winner doesn't pay - how to reclaim fees?

I had an item that went unpaid for 10 days and opened a case on ebay in the resolution center. Ebay contacted the buyer and after 6 days they have not responded (status still says waiting for buyer response). The only action I can take on the case is to "close" it. Is that the correct action to take to request a refund for my fees? Or am I telling ebay the problem was resolved by "closing" it?

It's been a while since I've had to deal with one of these; looks like the system has changed up a little bit. I seem to recall it specifically stating you could request your fees be refunded; but now it's not so clearly stated.

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    on the 8th day you will be able to officially close the case and get your fees refunded, they will notify you if the other party has not responded by then.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    4 days after opening claim, you can close it and your fees will be refunded
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    When you close the case it will ask if you received payment from buyer, or if you've been stiffed.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

<< <i>4 days after opening claim, you can close it and your fees will be refunded >>

There's the correct answer. If the "buyer" hasn't responded at all then they can't leave feedback or ding your stars either. You will not be able to leave any feedback either but at least you'll be whole $$ wise. If you had an underbidder send a 24 hour 2nd chance offer after closing the case. You may sell it right away without waiting for another auction to run it's course.
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Do you mind providing the user ID so that I may block them?

Thanks