Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Lou Gehrig/Jackie Robinson cut auto's? Opinions?

Hi guys. I got these along with some other lesser know baseball auto's. My mom took care of an older gentleman who pitched [11 games total over 5 years, and did some coaching also after his short career. Im in the process of digging out a box of paperwork I got from him for more info. In all there are 10 auto's, with these 2 being the most interesting. Any thoughts as to if these are authentic/fake? I dont have a scanner and and terrible at taking pics. Did the best I could for now. Thanks for taking the time. [pit]

Lou Gehrig?

Jackie Robinson?

The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
-e90-1
-e95
-m116

Comments

• scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Tough to tell from the photos, but they don't look good, esp. the Gehrig. I was hoping based on the story that you might have some good news, but not sure that's the case. A better photo of the Robinson would be nice to see, but based on what I can see, it doesn't look right either.
  • no good
  • MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Gehrig is definitely no good, the Robinson the slant is totally wrong, he had someone in the Clubhouse sign stuff for him so it could be one of those.
  • canjondcanjond Posts: 422 ✭✭✭
    No good on either
    For information on baseball-related cigarette and tobacco packs, visit www.baseballandtobacco.com.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Neither one look legit to me. The "Lou" seems too flat.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).