Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

OT: Youth Baseball -- Bragging on my Son

Please forgive the OT post but I spend too much time on this board to not share with my card friends!

Since the LLWS is on TV right now, I figured I would post a news clip of my 8 year old son's PONY baseball all star team. We play out of Oak Hill in Southwest Austin in the pinto level as the Hurricanes.

They were featured as Austin' News 8's "Athlete of the Week" which has been airing all week. They won the state championship 2 weeks ago then last week won the zone championship. Our zone is all the southern states from Florida to New Mexico. It was neat beating the Florida and Louisiana state champs on way to the title.

My son is the 2nd kid interviewed in the video.

Oak Hill Hurricanes -- New's 8 Story

Hook'em

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats awesome! image
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Very cool, congrats!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the nickname, Booga! Way to go!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Thanks guys!

It was pretty cool winning state this time around. 9 of the 12 boys were on our 6 year old team that finished 3rd in state two years ago (levels are broken up in 2 year increments). If they were 12 year olds they would be on their way to Williamsport.

The nickname has been with him since birth. Most folks don't even know his real name image
    Hook'em
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

...............................................................IS..................................................................

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the boys for pulling it off and winning their zone.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)