Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Gem Mint Auctions Summer 2011 Premiere Auction is now Closed

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that our Summer 2011 Auction is now open for bids at www.GemMintAuctions.com. We have many quality lots being auctioned including:

- 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle SGC 80

- 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan SGC 98

- Michael Jordan 1989-90 Game Worn Jersey MEARS A10

- Outstanding Babe Ruth Single Signed Baseball PSA/DNA & JSA

- 2010 Topps Sterling Babe Ruth/Lou Gehrig Quad Relic Cut Auto 1/1

- Spectacular Ty Cobb 1925 Single Signed Baseball PSA/DNA 5.5

- Honus Wagner Single Signed Mini Baseball PSA/DNA 5.5 (7 Signature)

- One of a Kind Ed Cicotte Black Sox 1917-1919 Type I Photo PSA/DNA

- 1954 Bowman Ted Williams SGC 92

- 1951 Bowman Willie Mays PSA 8

- 1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson SGC Authentic (Unaltered)

- 1965 Topps Steve Carlton PSA 10

-1955 Topps Sandy Koufax PSA 8.5, and Much, Much More!

Auction closes August 27th. Please register to bid at www.GemMintAuctions.com or call (626) 636-1328.

Also, I’d like to ask that you please consider consigning with us if you have anything that you would like to sell. We have a very extensive marketing plan and we’re paying up to 105% of the hammer price on high end lots.

Best regards,

Kevin Carlson
Consignment Director
Gem Mint Auctions, Inc.
(626) 636-1328
Email: gemmintauctions@Gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on the auction. Going to check it out now.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck on the auction. Going to check it out now. >>

Thanks Mike!
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I have 1 max bid already in !! there are some nice items.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

<< <i>I have 1 max bid already in !! there are some nice items. >>

Awesome. Thank you for the bids and the compliment.
  • Options
    Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that our auction ends tonight at 5:00 PM Pacific/8:00 PM Eastern Time (15 minute rule applies). Please check it out at www.gemmintauctions.com/catalog.aspx. If you're not registered to bid, please do so asap so we can get you approved before the auction closes.

Best regards,

Kevin Carlson
    Consignment Director
    Gem Mint Auctions, Inc.
    (626) 636-1328
    Email: gemmintauctions@Gmail.com
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    What the hell is up with this bidding? I'm winning 3 of the auctions and none of them have been bid on after the 8 o'clock end time, yet the extended bidding keeps resetting. Why is it doing that?

I thought that the rule stated that if any bids were place on an item then it would reset and if 15 minutes went by with no bids then it ended. I have been winning these since early today. I do not think this is fair for it to keep resetting and I'm thinking that the auction site is doing this because the items are going for less than intended. If this is the case then I will definitely NOT honor my bid amount, PERIOD.

EDIT: I now see that it says, if any item is being bid on then ALL of the items remain open. What a stupid effing sidestep to keep items open that might be overlooked or aren't bringing enough. Last time for me on this auction site.
  • Options

<< <i>What the hell is up with this bidding? I'm winning 3 of the auctions and none of them have been bid on after the 8 o'clock end time, yet the extended bidding keeps resetting. Why is it doing that?

I thought that the rule stated that if any bids were place on an item then it would reset and if 15 minutes went by with no bids then it ended. I have been winning these since early today. I do not think this is fair for it to keep resetting and I'm thinking that the auction site is doing this because the items are going for less than intended. If this is the case then I will definitely NOT honor my bid amount, PERIOD.

EDIT: I now see that it says, if any item is being bid on then ALL of the items remain open. What a stupid effing sidestep to keep items open that might be overlooked or aren't bringing enough. Last time for me on this auction site. >>

That format is not unique to this auction.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Tommy, that's common for almost all auction sites.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Tommy was looking to steal something.....sorry Tommy......
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Jesus, there are some potential bargains to be had. Even with the centering, that 48 Leaf Spahn is WAY underpriced. Wish I would have registered and bid now.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing Matt!!! I LOVE the Clemente rookie PSA 7!
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I live only a few miles from the address on the catalog so I swung by to see where it was........

a UPS post office boximage

and now I have been outbid anyway .... oh well
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Our 15 minute rule applies to all lots with bids placed before our scheduled auction close, and extended bidding is open on each lot to anyone who who has a bid in on that particluar lot before we go into extended bidding. This extended bidding format is certainly not unique to our auctions (as others have already pointed out).

We're still in extended bidding now with bids steadily coming in, so we'll see where everything ends up when all is said and done.

Jim, for security reasons and because we can't always be in the office seven days a week, we only list our mailing address on our catalogs, etc. Again, this is not something that is unique to our auction company.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every major auction house follows that same 15-minute rule. All the lots end simultaneously after no bids have been placed on any item for a 15-minute period. That's why most major auctions end in the wee hours of the morning.

Edit to add; Most major auction houses, however, do require you to place at least an initial bid before the scheduled end of the auction, so that only those who have a bid placed on an item may bid again during "extended time" bidding. (And this auction does follow that protocol as well.)

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭

there are some that end lot by lot and not the entire auction ending at once. as a buyer I like the lot by lot method better but for consignors it's better to end all at once
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Wish I would have know about this auction before it ended. I didn't see it advertised around too much.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭

picked up the Mantle Exhibit Red Back PSA 8. highest graded and POP 1. tough to say what a good price is as there is no history of sales
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very surprising that no one has called the OP out for his spam thread. Is this considered OK on the main board now?
  • Options

<< <i>Very surprising that no one has called the OP out for his spam thread. Is this considered OK on the main board now? >>

We assumed it was okay given the fact that we're a paid advertiser with PSA. I've seen others advertise their auctions here, but I apologize if we broke the rules as that was certainly not our intent.
  • Options
    I won the '61 Mantle All-Star PSA 9 for $922 including buyers premium (nice deal) and the '72 Clemente PSA 10 for $1249 including buyers premium!!! One of the better deals and nicer cards I've ever bought.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won the '61 Mantle All-Star PSA 9 for $922 including buyers premium (nice deal) and the '72 Clemente PSA 10 for $1249 including buyers premium!!! One of the better deals and nicer cards I've ever bought.

You sound a lot happier than you did a couple night ago, Tommy, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Yeah, I just misinterpreted the rules. I haven't really followed that many auction houses in the past but the ones I have had the individual lot extended time rule. I apologize to the op or anyone else that took my tone as harsh
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    A couple great deals there, way to go
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jesus, there are some potential bargains to be had. Even with the centering, that 48 Leaf Spahn is WAY underpriced. Wish I would have registered and bid now. >>

Hi Matt- I too was surprised that this didn't go for more. I love Spahn and have tracked the 48 Leaf pretty closely over the past 18 months. IMO- this one didn't get much attention because of the mark on the cheek and also the registration (black name box not lined up squarely with the orange picture). I think without the mark and the registration issues, if the L/R centering were the only problem, then you'd see bidding up another $800 or $1,000.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Tommy! you animal.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I won the '61 Mantle All-Star PSA 9 for $922 including buyers premium (nice deal) and the '72 Clemente PSA 10 for $1249 including buyers premium!!! One of the better deals and nicer cards I've ever bought. >>

The Clemente is out of this world!! Congrats on the wins.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all who participated in our Summer Auction and let you guys know that our next auction is coming up in late October/early November. We already have some very nice consignments for this next one, and it promises to be bigger and better.

Again, if you have anything you'd like to consign, please give us a call or shoot us an email. We're currently offering 0% Consignment Fees on any consigned lot valued at $500 or more and paying up to 105% of the "hammer price" on higher end lots.

Best regards,

Kevin Carlson
    Consignment Director
    Gem Mint Auctions, Inc.
    (626) 636-1328
    www.GemMintAuctions.com