Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

curious- how does this happen?

I purchased a card earlier this week on EBay which fits in with both the '63 Topps set and Hank Aaron basic set I'm working on (For bragging rights, guess which card it is!).
The card arrived today, I went to the set registry site to add it to my inventory..... and it's already in there!!! image

My EBay ID and my CU ID are not remotely similar. To the best of my knowledge, I have never provided PSA with any information which would include my EBay ID. I don't think I've ever purchased from this seller before. It's a high volume seller but not one of the EBay big boys.

So how on earth did the seller add the card to my inventory for me? How do you pull off that trick?

(And no, I did not add it to my inventory upon winning the auction and then forgot I did it. I never add a card to my inventory until I have it safely in hand.)
'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
*Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA

Comments

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know....but I think you should find someone on the forum to argue about it with!!! imageimage
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Full moon?
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

• << <i>I don't know....but I think you should find someone on the forum to argue about it with!!! imageimage >>

I thoroughly enjoy watching the arguments...... I never participate in them. In a battle of wits, I'd be bringing a water pistol to a gunfight.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    My guess is that sometime in the past, you bought a card with a similar number, then mis-typed that number, and didn't catch the error. By chance, the number you had entered matched the card that you just bought.

Welcome to the Twlight Zone!
    Kevin Thomas
  • You were drunk last night and added it in yourself, you have a bad memory, you have a split personality or you traveled back in time. image
  • DerekDDerekD Posts: 388 ✭✭
    Did you see the card in your inventory before you tried to add it? The system will sometime let you hit the "add" button twice in a row, then add it and then show you the "It's already in your registry" error message. You just don't see the "It's been added" type message.

• << <i>Did you see the card in your inventory before you tried to add it? >>

-I didn't look at my inventory before I tried to add it.

<< <i>The system will sometime let you hit the "add" button twice in a row, then add it and then show you the "It's already in your registry" error message. You just don't see the "It's been added" type message. >>

-This must be it. I remember hitting the add button and it looked like absolutely nothing happened, so I assumed it didn't take. When I hit the button a second time, that's when I got the message that it was already in my inventory.

(At least I hope that's it, because if it's not there's some seriously spooky sh*t going on here.)
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did you see the card in your inventory before you tried to add it? >>

-I didn't look at my inventory before I tried to add it.

<< <i>The system will sometime let you hit the "add" button twice in a row, then add it and then show you the "It's already in your registry" error message. You just don't see the "It's been added" type message. >>

-This must be it. I remember hitting the add button and it looked like absolutely nothing happened, so I assumed it didn't take. When I hit the button a second time, that's when I got the message that it was already in my inventory.

(At least I hope that's it, because if it's not there's some seriously spooky sh*t going on here.) >>

If you added it and then tried to re-add it (getting an error message on the second entry) it is probable that the first entry took. My guess is that it isn't in your Registry set unless you added it after entering it into your inventory. It would be impossible for someone else to add it to your inventory unless they were able to access your account.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I added it
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Jason, I dont know, but I am so confused that I am going to go downstairs, make myself a Tall Gin and Tonic, and will get back to you on this........

On another note, How often you look at the 54 Topps card you picked up recently?image
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jason, I dont know, but I am so confused that I am going to go downstairs, make myself a Tall Gin and Tonic, and will get back to you on this........

On another note, How often you look at the 54 Topps card you picked up recently?image >>

Matt, I would have bet that you had a wet bar in your collecting room!

------
    stupid print dots

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Matt, I would have bet that you had a wet bar in your collecting room! >>

Jesus, If that were the case Mike, My wife and kids would never see me! image

• << <i>On another note, How often you look at the 54 Topps card you picked up recently?image >>

Every couple of days so far. Still pretty.
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently added and deleted several cards from my set and sometimes it worked like a charm and others was kind of a nightmare, but did finally work out. It seems quite likely that you hit the submit button and it went into your set but did not acknowledge it when you hit it a second time it told you it was in there already.

Have fun collecting!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    cylons
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>cylons >>

damn, dirty toasters
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I'm going with Toro's time travel thought. Having watched Planet of the Apes 1000 times I understand you just have to go faster then light.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Just to confirm... the card was already in your inventory, but not in the set you eventually added it to? Sounds like you hit the add button twice and that's what caused it.

Otherwise I'd ask if it's possible that you owned the same card before?
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Just curious...

Did you go to Woodstock?