Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Best day of my collecting life *MORE PURCHASED 8/21*

My good luck starts with picking up my mail. My wife says I have a package from the Patriots Pro Shop. I haven't ordered from them, but I have entered a contest with them. I crack the box open and find a Shawn Crable practice used jersey from 2010 with a congrats letter from the Patriots.

After I come down off my cloud, I had a meeting with a local gentleman who wants to sell his collection. He has been collecting since the 60's. I have bought 2 items so far, and went back tonight to buy his wax pack collection. Here is what I just came home with.

2 1989 UD low boxes
2 82 Donruss boxes
1 84 Donruss box
1 82 Fleer Box
1 83 Topps box
1 82 Topps box
8 82 Topps cellos
7 82 Topps racks
6 78 Topps wax packs
1 76 Topps wax
1 79 Topps wax
28 83 Topps wax
2 81 Topps cello
1 86 Topps cello
1 84 Topps cello
3 83 Topps cello
2 1975 Topps RACK PACKS, one with Kilebrew showing on back, one with Gibson on front!

And 37 Garbage Pail Kids Series 2 wax packs with box.

He also threw in a bunch of 88-89-90 cellos which I will include randomly when I sell.

The packs and boxes will soon be up on the BST and on Ebay. I just need time to sort and figure prices. I just had to share my lucky day!

Thanks for reading.

Looking for Carl Willey items.

Comments

• You've got some nice unopened stuff there. That jersey is a piece of crap, but I guess you can't complain at that price, right?
  • I'm actually more interested to know what you've whited out in that pic. Is it somebody naked? Something illegal? Tell us.
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm actually more interested to know what you've whited out in that pic. Is it somebody naked? Something illegal? Tell us. >>

Hey, that jersey ROCKS!! Go PATRIOTS!! image

I whited it out because it's warm here today and my wife is sitting there with little on. image

• << <i>

<< <i>I'm actually more interested to know what you've whited out in that pic. Is it somebody naked? Something illegal? Tell us. >>

Hey, that jersey ROCKS!! Go PATRIOTS!! image

I whited it out because it's warm here today and my wife is sitting there with little on. image >>

Yeah, that jersey will make a nice rag for the garage...or you could use it to wipe your a$$ if you run out of TP.

Yes! I knew it was somebody naked. Un-photoshop that sh*t so we can see how hot your wife is.
  • arexarex Posts: 999
    Is this going to be for sale?
    If so there are some that I would be interested in.

Great haul!
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Practice Jersey and a nice score on the unopened packs...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
    btw, who is the Jersey of?
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Arex, the jersey is from Shawn Crable. Not exactly a household name, but that's ok. And I think I've photo matched it too. I've got a pic of him talking to Bill Belichick and you can see a red spot on the shoulder. On my jersey there is a red spot in the same area on the shoulder. I would think the chances of that spot being on 2 different jerseys in the same area would be pretty slim.

And yes, all the packs and boxes will be for sale. I just need to create a list and get prices before I list them here. What I can't/don't sell here will be moved to Ebay.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet pats score!

Nothing like two nice 36 year old racks! image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nothing like two nice 36 year old racks! image >>

Words to live by.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Now that's a great score!!! Anything Patriots it's Awesome!! Congratulations!!!! imageimageimage
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats on the best day of your collecting life! Good luck with the sales!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. Posts like this are why I check the board constantly! Now why don't you share some more and show the NSFW photo image
    Hook'em

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing like two nice 36 year old racks! image >>

Words to live by. >>

Wise man here folks. image
  • Shawn Crable? Go Blue!
    If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the jersey Steve!

Nice wax also.

What did he in the card area - if he's been collecting since the 60s, I would expect him to have some nice early vintage?
    Mike

<< <i>Congratulations on the jersey Steve!

Nice wax also.

What did he in the card area - if he's been collecting since the 60s, I would expect him to have some nice early vintage? >>

Thanks Mike! I'm pretty stoked about the jersey. Patriots used gear is hard to come by, they are very stingy with it. Sure, he's not a star and it's just practice used, but I think it's
    cool as all get out!

Well, the gentleman does have some vintage, but not real high end. He showed me some flyers he used to get by mail where he would order his cards. He started buying low grade to slowly build sets. He has binders of 55-60's card lots, low to mid grade. I purchased a lot of 59's off him which I sold already. I have the rest of the binders here, I need to go through them one by one to look at condition so I can make him a reasonable offer. He also has at least one set from 1973-1990, some multiple sets of the 80's stuff. The earlier 70's is in VG or so condition, but the later 70's looks to be NM or so. I haven't had time to go through them yet, but that's on my to do list.
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Great stuff image
  • SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    LOVE that Gibson rack!

My First Card
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
    I had a few inquiries about the wax, it's all up for sale now on the BST.

Thank you for the comments and inquiries.
    More purchased from the same seller today. No pics, it's all still in boxes and one big mess in my living room. Wife wants me to move it ASAP, but I figured I would at least share my haul with you all before I put it all away.

1974 Topps set
    1975 Topps set
    1976 Topps set
    1977 Topps set
    1978 Topps set
    1979 Topps set
    1980 Topps set
    1982 Topps Traded set

1955 Topps lot 120 cards with Mathews

1956 Topps lot 106 cards with Koufax, Slaughter, Mantle (poor), Robin Roberts, Ernie Banks

1957 Topps lot 184 cards with Whitey Ford and Billy Martin

1958 Topps lot 350 cards with Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Luis Aparicio, Robin Roberts, Early Wynn, Jim Bunning, Gil Hodges, Warren Spahn, Pee Wee Reese, Aaron/Mathews, Eddie Mathews, Eddie Mathews, Stan Musial, Ernie Banks, Hank Aaron, and Warren Spahn

1960 Topps lot 336 cards with Early Wynn, Bob Gibson, Nellie Fox, Billy Martin, Harmon Killebrew, Spahn/Burdette/Buhl, Roberto Clemente and Red Schoendienst

1975 Topps mini's lot of 41

1963 Red Sox team photo set with envelope

1963 Braves team photo set with envelope

1965(?) Red Sox yearbook

1951 Red Sox program

1976 Wiffle Ball in box with George Brett on side

1962(?) Roger Maris 8x10 black and white photo with facsimile signature

1964 Topps Giants set

1969 Deckle Edge set

1982 Drakes uncut sheet

1987 Topps vending box

1989 Fleer rack box of 22 packs

1989 Fleer wax box

1987 Donruss wax box

1981 Topps wax packs-11

1983 Topps cello packs-4

1984 Topps cello pack-1

1985 Donruss wax box

1985 Donruss wax box-32 packs

1985 Fleer wax box

1992 Topps wax box

1984 Topps box

1981 Fleer wax box

1983 Donruss wax packs 7

1983 Fleer cellos 2

1981 Donruss wax packs 3

JUNK WAX

1987 Fleer rack packs 2

1986 Fleer rack packs 2

1988 Donruss rack packs 3

1991 Donruss rack packs 2

1990 Fleer rack packs 7

1991 Donruss rack packs 4

1989 Donruss rack packs 7 (1 with Griffey RC on top)

1991 Fleer rack pack 1

1990 Topps cello pack 3 (1 Mariners team set with Griffey rc on top)

Enjoy your new fun !!!
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Very nice haul! What kind of condition is the vintage in?
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - big haul!image
    Mike
    Bosox1976