Home PSA Set Registry Forum

JEEZ! Going to be tough to complete my '86 Fleer BSK PSA 10 set!

If I am going to have to pay this much for this card Link image

I know, I know...'have to pay to play', but jeezuz!!

Comments

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Here is your VCP

8/11/11 eBay Auction $5,300.00
    8/9/09 eBay $1,774.00
    12/20/08 eBay $2,649.00
    11/27/08 eBay $3,650.00
    11/26/08 eBay $2,995.00
    10/20/08 eBay $2,627.77
    9/8/08 eBay $5,100.00
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    I am sorry this happened to you.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Yeah, just venting. I'm sure I'm not alone in this regard. One of the hazards of collecting a popular set in high-grade with low pop card(s). Hopefully, a few more 10s will be added to the pop and bring the cost of this card down from the stratosphere. image Until then, I'll focus on the other cards first.

Edit to add: The fact that it's been 2 years since this card has been sold brought out the big boys.
  • OUCH! This is why I am happy with my 1986 Fleer Basketball Set all in PSA 9. Have you seen some of the prices for the 1987 Fleer in PSA 10 recently? I am trying to finish that set in as many PSA 10's as I can, but not at the prices of the opening bids!
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS: BKritz; Akuracy503; Rogermjn; MBMiller25; Artimus; JasonM32; Burke23; Alnavman; InitialD; Gregmo32; Ping4u43; Rbdjr1; Rexvos; Drewsef; Italianstallionyankees; Zep33; Samsgirl214; Bunker; Swartz1; MeteoriteGuy; Itzagoner; VitoCo1972; Saucywombat; RaptorsRule04; Dboneesq; Hallco; ldferg; Hawaii76; Epatmythes; Vladguerrero; Calaban7; Cardcounter2; BobS; Recbball; BarkusD; ShootyBabitt: WalterSobchak; Mrmint23; Nightcrawler729
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And who said THE REGISTRY is NOT a drug?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    If I sent that card in for review in an 8 holder they would put a little sticky note on it pointing to the black smudge in the upper left and not bump it.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Richard, Thats strong money for that Johnny Moore. I am inclined to chalk it up to a couple of the big Whales going at it for the same card, rather than what the long term market is on that card. It seems to me that more and more PSA 10 seem to be hitting the streets on this set. Notice all the PSA 10 stickers lately? There was a time, when these were non existent. I am glad I am doing the set in PSA 9's.
  • Settle for a PSA 9 for the time being and be patient.
    Buying 1957 Baseball PSA 8 or higher. Especially Checklists, and Contest Cards. Topps1957psa8set@aol.com

• << <i>Richard, Thats strong money for that Johnny Moore. I am inclined to chalk it up to a couple of the big Whales going at it for the same card, rather than what the long term market is on that card. It seems to me that more and more PSA 10 seem to be hitting the streets on this set. Notice all the PSA 10 stickers lately? There was a time, when these were non existent. I am glad I am doing the set in PSA 9's. >>

You're probably right Matt. I guess I was shell shocked seeing the final hammer price.

• << <i>Settle for a PSA 9 for the time being and be patient. >>

My O.D.D. Won't let me do that. :/
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    That was one of the first cards I read about when I found out about the registry many years ago. I remember they interviewed a dealer--pretty sure it was Joe Tuttle--and they talked about how it was worth far more than the Jordan because it was so hard to find in top grade. Blew me away at the time.