Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thoughts On This Raw Aaron

Not looking to grade it but would keep it raw for my '65 Braves team set. Just curious what your thoughts are. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    trimmed
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>trimmed >>

Bottom looks trimmed. >>

Especially on the right side.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>trimmed >>

Where?
  • Options
    I like it, but can't tell if it's trimmed. To me it looks mint, very nice. I would be exstatic to own such a nice card.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    a couple things:

the top to bottom cut makes it appear as though the card is short, but that wouldn't be unusual for Topps.

i also see a very slight batwing effect at the top right corner from both front and reverse views.
  • Options
    haircut
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options

Have to say the top and bottom have been cut (to clean comparing to the left and right borders)....Left and right look fine the wear lines up...
  • Options

<< <i>a couple things:

the top to bottom cut makes it appear as though the card is short, but that wouldn't be unusual for Topps.

i also see a very slight batwing effect at the top right corner from both front and reverse views. >>

The batwing was the thing I saw as well.
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    The closely cropped black background of the scan helps. You will see that the corner are too sharp, batwing cut slightly.

If your going raw for anything pre1970s, go for a card that shows touched corners and normal EX type wear, dont go far anything razor sharp, or you will get burnt.

99% of those pre1970s cards were shoeboxed and many rubber banded, not many stay razor sharp and if they did most are now graded by the registry hype crowd.
    Also some rough cut is a good sign too.

Raw is good, but dont look for NRMT+/MINT Raw stuff.... a good % are altered
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't look good, have you measured it?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    if it is not Minsize, it is trimmed top & bottom borders to small , L to R borders look ok to me.
  • Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Those with sharp eyes say trimmed. I can't tell. That's why I buy graded star cards now.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options

<< <i>I like it, but can't tell if it's trimmed. To me it looks mint, very nice. I would be exstatic to own such a nice card. >>

This recommendation coming from a guy who shops for Mantle rookies on Craigslist!
    Lol!
  • Options
    There's a reason this thing is not in a legit slab.
  • Options
    Well I understand collecting raw but as a seller why would you leave a bunch of money on the table. The reason is that the card won't pass. A shame it has to be that way.
  • Options

<< <i>Well I understand collecting raw but as a seller why would you leave a bunch of money on the table. The reason is that the card won't pass. A shame it has to be that way. >>

Exactly. How much would that thing sell for in a PSA 8 or 9 holder? Way more than enough to make it worth getting graded...That's for sure.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is something odd about the edges

I am not offering a grade-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any estimates as to how it might measure?

After looking at this again, the right corner does look very suspicious

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.