Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hey LegendaryCollections.....

Do you think bumping/adding items to your BST thread 15 times already today is enough?

Comments

• arexarex Posts: 999

<< <i>Do you think bumping/adding items to your BST thread 15 times already today is enough? >>

What is wrong with what he is doing? It isnt like he is bumping the thread with the TTT. He is adding inventory and adding things for sale.
    Nothing wrong with that.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just seems a bit excessive.
  • drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you think bumping/adding items to your BST thread 15 times already today is enough? >>

What is wrong with what he is doing? It isnt like he is bumping the thread with the TTT. He is adding inventory and adding things for sale.
    Nothing wrong with that. >>

with that type of logic, everyone should just list one card for sale per message, yeah, that is a great way to look at it

<< <i>

<< <i>

with that type of logic, everyone should just list one card for sale per message, yeah, that is a great way to look at it >>

Way to run with something in the extreme. And yeah, even if he listed one card with a scan per post there isnt anything wrong with it.

So, lets turn the question on its head and you tell me why it is not kosher for him to be doing what he is?

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

with that type of logic, everyone should just list one card for sale per message, yeah, that is a great way to look at it >>

Way to run with something in the extreme. And yeah, even if he listed one card with a scan per post there isnt anything wrong with it.

So, lets turn the question on its head and you tell me why it is not kosher for him to be doing what he is? >>

who said anything about a scan? Is it ok to you if you list one card per message but only with a scan?

It's not kosher because it's a douchey move, if you can't figure that out, you won't understand any common sense and logic that is applied by my previous retort.

Now, quid pro quo, why isn't it easier for someone to just add to their one message at the top of their thread as they are adding items? You can simply hit edit and do so as much as you please. Why wouldn't someone do that other than to continuously keep their thread at the top by adding multiple times daily?

Please use logic to explain how it makes more sense to do that.

Also, I would gladly wager with you the outcome of what Sportsmoderator would have to say about that type of posting by Legendarycollections, whether that is kosher as you say. How much do you want to go for?

As a side note, while it is a tad over the top, I do think Legendarycollections either have no idea due to their lack of posts or don't know how to edit posts and add the content there.
    How is it a douchey move as you call it?
    I just dont get why it is such a heinous thing that he is doing. Granted ive had a different experience on other boards and I dont know how this is moderated here so the expectations could be different.

This B/S/T forum here is a Mickey Mouse operation compared to the CGC comics marketplace. Sometimes no prices, lots of posts with no scans of cards, no forum guidelines for selling or basic info given on shipping, payment methods etc. Selling like that would not be tolerated at CGC. One because it is time consuming for the consumer and two it just isnt good business.

If you want to see what a vibrant and active community looks like, just go pop your head in here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=5 and get a better idea. And im not talking about just a bunch of $1 books. There are books that get sold over there ever week that are easily in the $1000s of dollars. Ive seen books in excess of $10k get sold there. Just off the top of my head I saw the #1 X-Men registry set get broke up and sell for over $40k one weekend. Unlike the tumbleweed rolling through this place sometimes. Ive also seen those boards (who are a lot more welcoming than these ever thought about being) raise over $85k for a board members who passed aways family.

If he chose to post one card with a scan, info, price, etc. that would be considered good form on the CGC boards.

Stickied at the top of the page it makes an announcement about "To many individual threads" This seller is listing his wares in one thread, that is easy to read, easy to skim, and organized well. Instead of just cutting and pasting a list of 200 cards and expecting someone to sort through it which can prove difficult. It makes no difference whether it keeps his thread at the top. It isnt like the marketplace is banging with huge amounts of cards being moved.

So, if the mod of this site has problems with the setup of the thread then perhaps that mod isnt the sharpest tool in the shed then.

oh, and nice way to keep the discussion adult by questioning my intelligence. Im sure I am no more or no less intelligent than you.

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all I know his his stuff on eBay was always way over priced. I had to filter him out of all my searches.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
    And another thing:
    Could you point me to the thread that outlines what expectations are for sellers here? Give me a link so I can see what is and is not acceptable selling practices here.
    Thanks in advance for the link.

<< <i>And another thing:
    Could you point me to the thread that outlines what expectations are for sellers here? Give me a link so I can see what is and is not acceptable selling practices here.
    Thanks in advance for the link. >>

is 24 replies too much? that is the current total and counting.

<< <i>

<< <i>And another thing:

is 24 replies too much? that is the current total and counting. >>

No. In my experience ive seen threads go into the 100s of posts. Most of them would be laid out like this:
    1957 Topps Robin Roberts
    EX/NM
    $20
    Scan

Wash rinse repeat.

Then the seller would go back and mark things sold as the sale progressed. Then, after a certain amount of posts would go back, figure what was still available, and do a recap with what was there.

Then the thread would continue on.

So, to answer your question, no

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>And another thing:

is 24 replies too much? that is the current total and counting. >>

No. In my experience ive seen threads go into the 100s of posts. Most of them would be laid out like this:
    1957 Topps Robin Roberts
    EX/NM
    $20
    Scan

Wash rinse repeat.

Then the seller would go back and mark things sold as the sale progressed. Then, after a certain amount of posts would go back, figure what was still available, and do a recap with what was there.

Then the thread would continue on.

So, to answer your question, no >>

24 in one day all by the op. I do not think so. Clearly you really like the guy, so I will let it go.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>So, if the mod of this site has problems with the setup of the thread then perhaps that mod isnt the sharpest tool in the shed then. >>

oh no you di'nt. image
    I dont even know who the poster is. I have no vested interest in the seller and even less of an interest as to what he is selling.
    Im not arguing either, so I hope my tone doesnt come across as anything other than discussing a topic.

Again, I have no clue who the seller is. And even if I did, I still would see nothing wrong with it.
    I'm still going to stand by my previous statement to you arex.

It's not kosher because it's a douchey move, if you can't figure that out, you won't understand any common sense and logic that is applied by my previous retort.

If you still can't understand that, then I would suggest maybe those forums are more your speed. I don't need any help understanding what goes on there, I know everyone who works there, how they work, what goes on, been there and done that.

<< <i>

<< <i>So, if the mod of this site has problems with the setup of the thread then perhaps that mod isnt the sharpest tool in the shed then. >>

oh no you di'nt. image >>

How can someone moderate properly if there arent clearly defined rules and expectations?

<< <i>I'm still going to stand by my previous statement to you arex.

If you still can't understand that, then I would suggest maybe those forums are more your speed. I don't need any help understanding what goes on there, I know everyone who works there, how they work, what goes on, been there and done that. >>

Those forums are my speed, when Im looking to buy and talk comics.
    I come here to learn and read about and buy baseball cards.
    I respect your opinion that you think it is a douchey move but I disagree with you. We can agree to disagree.
    So who do you know at CGC? And what does Haspel, or Gemma, or any of them have to do with the sale forums?

And I am still waiting for the following information:
    1-Why exactly it is a douche move- nebulous comments about it just is really isnt a good way to explain your position
    2-A link to the seller expectations and rules so I can see where this seller is in the wrong
  • I don't know if there are any written policies for bumping your own thread here (too lazy to look for it).

Each board is different (ie, I am on forums where the rules explicitly state you can only bump your own thread every 1hr-1day or 1week; if you need to make changes, you would update the original thread). Again, not trying to add fuel to the fire, but if one has any experience on B/S/T it is etiquette not to bump your own thread every 15-30 minutes - it might even turn buyers off.

<< <i>I don't know if there are any written policies for bumping your own thread here (too lazy to look for it).

Each board is different (ie, I am on forums where the rules explicitly state you can only bump your own thread every 1hr-1day or 1week; if you need to make changes, you would update the original thread). Again, not trying to add fuel to the fire, but if one has any experience on B/S/T it is etiquette not to bump your own thread every 15-30 minutes - it might even turn buyers off. >>

There isnt a thread with policies, that was my point in asking for links to one.

If it is against etiquette to bump your thread that much then I can live with that. But at the minimum, there needs to be a stikied thread outlining the expectations.

Personally I would rather see what the poster in question is doing with his thread than just vomiting up a bunch of cards all helter skelter and having to dig through it. It is much more organized, with prices, and grades already posted. It just makes sense that it is a better way to list, especially large amounts of items for sale.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    In
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Here is the link to the sticky at the top of the coin BST where it says only one bump per day. It's not posted in the sport BST but I always understood that it was implied that only 1 bump per day was the unwritten rule. It kind of sucks for everyone else posting on the BST that they keep getting bumped off the top. But I don't really have a horse in this race.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey

<< <i>Here is the link to the sticky at the top of the coin BST where it says only one bump per day. It's not posted in the sport BST but I always understood that it was implied that only 1 bump per day was the unwritten rule. It kind of sucks for everyone else posting on the BST that they keep getting bumped off the top. But I don't really have a horse in this race. >>

Thanks for the link cwazzy
    First, I would have never seen that post (and would suspect others wouldnt have either) as I have no desire to go to the coin section. I think it would be a good thing to have added to the sticky at the top of our BST.
    Secondly what is meant by bump? Yes, if im simply doing the TTT thing then that shouldnt happen. But does that 1 per day bump actually mean you can only add cards once a day? So if I post a thread with cards for sale, can I come back and add more later? I dont see why I, or any seller, shouldnt be able to do this.

Guys I promise that my only point is to have a more unified set of seller expectations for the marketplace. Which, in the end, would make the entire experience there easier and more enjoyable.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I like horses

<< <i>I like horses >>

<< <i>

<< <i>I like horses >>

image >>

Look me in my eyes and tell me you love me
  • For other forums that I've used, one bump per week is the proper etiquette. I still don't understand why the seller needs more than one bump per day. You can say that you are constantly adding cards, but can't you simply put all of the new cards you want to add in notepad, and then you are FINISHED, add all of those cards to your thread at one time? That seems pretty simple to do.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Just edit the original message with new inventory.

Adding inventory as a reply is only a clever way TTT the thread.

--"not that there's anything wrong with that"--
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here is the link to the sticky at the top of the coin BST where it says only one bump per day. It's not posted in the sport BST but I always understood that it was implied that only 1 bump per day was the unwritten rule. It kind of sucks for everyone else posting on the BST that they keep getting bumped off the top. But I don't really have a horse in this race. >>

Thanks for the link cwazzy
    First, I would have never seen that post (and would suspect others wouldnt have either) as I have no desire to go to the coin section. I think it would be a good thing to have added to the sticky at the top of our BST.
    Secondly what is meant by bump? Yes, if im simply doing the TTT thing then that shouldnt happen. But does that 1 per day bump actually mean you can only add cards once a day? So if I post a thread with cards for sale, can I come back and add more later? I dont see why I, or any seller, shouldnt be able to do this.

Guys I promise that my only point is to have a more unified set of seller expectations for the marketplace. Which, in the end, would make the entire experience there easier and more enjoyable. >>

No need for further unification in the forum on this subject. Most know how to count to one.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • LegendaryCollections - Richard Myers
    Board Deals - 15-20
    Other Names Used on Boards - lickablebean
    Sign: Zebra

Really,

The most attention my post got was about the way I listed them. I listed this way because it made it easier to read and edit. I get tired of looking at 1000 cards for sale from different years. Sorry!! Yes - my cards were well over priced and I understand the issues some people have with that. However, they were selling for the longest time. Sorry I made some money. Would you sell me your MINT cards below SMR a few years ago? A few years ago I gave away a ton of stuff in mystery box.

I'm so sorry I upset so many people. I will go a drink myself to a purple hangover.
    I guess the rules are different for the coin people....

So I stand corrected! The "One bump per day" rule is NOT posted on the card BST! So, post away dude! Bump it every 10 seconds if you want to.

• Love popcorn gir!

Nice cards by the way..
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"