Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

any opinions on the authenticity of this clemente ball?

Clemente Ball

Thanks so much for any information!

Comments

• MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Not real IMO. Clemente's auto has tons of flow to it, especially in the first name. The R looks totally wront. Against all PSA/DNA standards on Ebay I couldn't find one that was even close.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

here is the real Clemente auto I had , it is a 1971 autograph in pencil on a preseason score sheet. just something to compare the baseball to, what year is the baseball? and who is the president/commissioner? assuming it is ONL ball. because signatures do change over the years.

my opinion, the clemente ball doesn't look right to me (to choppy and looks like it was spelled out) , it looks sort of like the facsimile auto that was on clemente's 1971 Topps card, that is the closest signature I could find that looks like the one on the baseball.

if it was my ball, I would submit it to PSA/DNA, I personally think 90% fake. 10% authentic, because autographs on balls look different than autos on flat items, plus it is always easier to tell an autograph ,when you have the item in hand, plus the plastic distorts the signature. jmho
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭
    fake
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Sorry doesnt look good to me but I'm no expert. His auto did change a lot durring his career. Here is an early 1955 auto to compare it to also-

• MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Believe the ball you link to is a common "clubhouse" signature, sorry.