Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2011 Topps Inception Football (Pics added)

Anyone getting any? I have two cases that will arrive tomorrow. Gonna open one and hold on to the other. Some VERY nice looking cards, some chipping issues thought, will be a bear to make parallel sets.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-

Comments

• MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Please share scans. Will be interested in any low print run Tony Gonzalez cards.

Clear Skies,
    Mark

2011 Topps Inception Football

Configuration: 8 boxes per case. 1 pack per box. 7 cards per pack.

Topps Inception Football is designed to capture the drama, excitement, and buildup surrounding the 2011 Rookie class as it spotlights all the top drafted position players recruited for the NFL Rookie Premiere Photo Shoot.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    - Rookie on-patch, on-letter and on-laundry tag Autographs!
    - Every Autograph and Relic hit is a Rookie player!
    - Featuring on-card Autographs on elegant 72-point stock!
    - All images and relics will be NFL branded
    - Hobby Exclusive!
    - Ships at the inception of the NFL season in early July!

Each 7-Card Encased Pack Includes:
    - 3 ROOKIE HITS!
    - 2 Rookie Numbered On-Card Autographs or Rookie Autograph Jumbo Patch Card
    - 1 Numbered Rookie Jumbo Patch or Relic Card
    PLUS
    - 2 Numbered Parallel Cards
    - 2 Striking Veteran Base Cards

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS

ROOKIE ON-CARD AUTOGRAPHED CARDS - AT LEAST 1 PER PACK!

Rookie On-Card Autographed Base Cards
    35 NFL Rookie Premiere participants pen their names directly on their first high-end trading cards! Every card is numbered

Rookie On-Card Autographed Parallel Cards
    - Platinum: Numbered to 1/1
    - Red: Numbered to 25
    - Green: Numbered to 50
    - Grey: Numbered to 99
    - Blue: Numbered to 150

Rookie On-Card Quad Autographed Cards
    Four Premiere Rookies team up and sign each of these book cards numbered to 5.

Rookie On-Card Triple Autographed Cards
    Three's not a crowd as 3 Rookies put pen to paper on cards numbered to 10.

Rookie On-Card Dual Autographed Cards
    Dynamic duos appear with each of their signatures numbered to 25.

Rookie On-Card Autographed Silver Signings Cards
    The same 35 Rookie Premiere players sign a black version of their cards with silver ink. Numbered to 25.

Rookie Autographed On-Number Inception Patch Cards
    The 35-player Rookie Premiere roster signs JUMBO-sized number patch swatches from their jerseys. Each card is ONE OF ONE.

Rookie Autographed On-Letter Patch Cards
    This time the rookies sign the letter nameplates from their jersey backs. Each signed letter is affixed to ONE OF ONE cards.

Rookie Autographed On-Laundry Tag Cards
    Last but not least each rookie signs his ONE OF ONE jersey laundry tag.

ROOKIE AUTOGRAPHED RELIC CARDS

Rookie Autograph Jumbo Patches
    Each rookie featured with his autograph and JUMBO-sized multi-hued patch on numbered cards
    - Platinum: ONE OF ONE
    - Grey: Numbered to 75

RELIC CARDS - 1 PER PACK!

Rookie Jumbo Relic Cards
    Each of the draftees with a JUMBO relic piece and numbered

Rookie Patch Cards
    A player along with a multi-color patch on cards numbered

Rookie Jumbo Relic and Patch Parallel Cards
    - Platinum: ONE OF ONE
    - Red: Numbered to 10
    - Green: Numbered to 25
    - Grey: Numbered to 75

Rookie Jumbo Patch Cards
    The entire class again with a JUMBO patch displaying multiple colors on each of these numbered to 15 cards. Available in a ONE OF ONE Platinum parallel

Rookie Jumbo Team Patch Cards
    Each of these cards flaunts a JUMBO team logo jersey patch representing the rookie's new team. Numbered to 4.

Rookie NFL Equipment Logo Patch Cards
    One of one cards brandishing the NFL Equipment patch from each player's jersey collar.

Dual Rookie Jumbo Relic Cards
    "Two for one" as 2 rookies appear with 2 JUMBO relics on one card. Numbered to 15

Dual Rookie Jumbo Patch Cards
    A duet with 2 player and 2 JUMBO multi-color patches on each ONE OF ONE card

Quad Rookie Patch Cards
    A rookie quartet and four patch swatches are presented on numbered to 15 cards

VETERANS - 4 PER PACK!

Base Cards - 2 per Pack.
    100 Veterans suit up for the season on uniquely designed 72pt. cards

Parallel Cards - 2 per Pack
    - Platinum: 1/1
    - Framed Printing Plates: ONE OF ONE
    - Grey: Numbered to 79
    - Blue: Numbered. 1 PER PACK!

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I am collecting the Silver Signature RC autos so let me know if you pull any
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Charlie9Charlie9 Posts: 526 ✭✭
    Doing two cases tonight as part of a group break!
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know how you do on the break. I'm tend to stick with the established releases - Topps Chrome, Finest, SPA, and Exquisite.

I did buy 5 boxes of 2008 Stadium Club FB from D&A. 10 hits per box (5 auto/5 jersey) for $105 is not bad.
    Mike
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I may have missed the pricing but what does the inception football run???? thanks
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering how they smell
  • I will have scans up soon, had a fairly good first case... Got an Auto/Patch Cam Newton also my case didnt have the bad chipping on the edges like I had seen.
    Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about. -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Nice Cam!! That will bring some decent money if you sell. Nice looking cards...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"

• << <i>Nice Cam!! That will bring some decent money if you sell. Nice looking cards... >>

There were 2 on ebay one at $299 OBO and one starting at $250.... I put mine up for a dat starting at $175.. so we will see.

I like these better than 5 star. Really nice cards, the red, black, blue and green parallel sets look NICE.
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    That suck pulling those cards out of the packs with the corners already dinged up.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Those aren't dings, but chipping, it happens when cards have a matte finish like these, I was actually fortunate as my case didnt have that many.
  • My Jordan auto I pulled this last weekend has the same finish, and minor chipping.

I think the cards look great, and I'm going to buy some too. Five Star well I'll say nothing on that product.

Great pulls!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice pulls.

Are you sure Lee (CD NUTS) didn't sign that Cam Newton card??????????
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    nice cards, gl on newton
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • AUPTAUPT Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    What horrible autographs! If you didn't have the players' pictures/names on the piece, you'd never be able to identifty them.

And they get paid for those sigs . . .

To me, the lack of effort shown tells me all I need to know about their work ethic.
  • This has to be the most intense looking card from this set.

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    It's weird to see player worn jerseys of players that have yet to play a game. lol
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What horrible autographs! If you didn't have the players' pictures/names on the piece, you'd never be able to identifty them.

To me, the lack of effort shown tells me all I need to know about their work ethic. >>

I completely agree with you Bob, but I actually put more of the blame on our school system. Schools these days don't seem to even teach handwriting, and this has been going on for years. Heck, just look back at the Vernand Morency "signature" on his cards a couple of years ago. It's all computers and all the students ever use is a keyboard. CNN.com had a decent article about the current lack of handwriting skills just in the past week.

I thought pretty much the same thing as you did.....after seeing the Newton, Mallett and Cobb cards in this thread, my thought was that they looked like they were written by some 80 or 90-year old person, rather than a 20-something. They're just too shaky.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see anyone again who takes pride in their handwriting like Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Bob Feller and Harmon Killebrew did.

Steve
  • TabeTabe Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What horrible autographs! If you didn't have the players' pictures/names on the piece, you'd never be able to identifty them.

To me, the lack of effort shown tells me all I need to know about their work ethic. >>

Gimme a break. Albert Pujols' autograph is nothing special. Lots of guys whose work ethic is not in question have unreadable signatures.

Not everybody signs their name like Mickey Mantle & Babe Ruth did.

Tabe