Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What is Smokin' Joe Frazier's and Larry Holmes first card produced?

Does anyone know what is considered to be Smokin' Joe Frazier's and Larry Holmes first (rookie) card?

Comments

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    1967 Panini for Joe Frazier

Other than the Sportscaster, Holmes had a 1982 Panini card.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    The raw 67 panini with a stain on the back sold for about 130 about a month ago... But a bgs 8 didn't sell with a starting bid of 100. Check completed listings and try to contact that seller is you are interested. You don't see the card that often in ebay. I think 100 bucks for a bgs 8 is a good deal. I don't know the seller and not trying to plug his auctions
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The raw 67 panini with a stain on the back sold for about 130 about a month ago... But a bgs 8 didn't sell with a starting bid of 100. Check completed listings and try to contact that seller is you are interested. You don't see the card that often in ebay. I think 100 bucks for a bgs 8 is a good deal. I don't know the seller and not trying to plug his auctions >>

Thanks for the info Chad! I was able to pick up the BGS 8.5 from the seller. I have a feeling another board member slightly ran up the price of it a little on me. He said that he had another offer for it come in right after mine. Thankfully the seller was kind enough to give me the opportunity to match the other offer since I was the first person to email him about it. I can't wait to get this signed at the upcoming SunTimes show here in Chicago.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    the navarro should have a signed 1967 smoking joe frazier in his collection......
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    Nice. Glad the info helped. I'm kinda surprised it didn't sell for 100. Panini boxing cards have been selling really well lately. An 8.5 for a 1967 sticker is really good IMO. Don't know what you paid... But if you got at or below the eBay opening bid I think you did well.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>the navarro should have a signed 1967 smoking joe frazier in his collection...... >>

Hey, that's me image

Buying US Presidential autographs