Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help with George Brett auto

Got this card in a collection that I bought and I dont buy autos at all, I only want them if I had them sign in person. But this was mixed in with the collection of commons and stars.
Thoughts on the auth.?

Comments

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    It doesn't look like mine, and I got mine in person at spring training game. Mine is just G Brett.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like any of mine from the last 15 years.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Thought soo.
    Thanks guys.
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I have some from 30+ years ago and they look like that
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have some from 30+ years ago and they look like that >>

I have 1 from early 80's and it also looks like that
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I think it's bad, but the other two guys above have a point.

When GB was young, his autograph started with a normal capital G.

I think about 1978 or so he started using the elongated "lower case style g" only bigger, if you get my drift, but you could read all letters, kind of like the one you have.

Near the end of his career GBrett was about the best you'd get.

The one you have seems to be a hybrid, I wouldn't say with 100% certainty it is bad, but I'd lean that way.
  • ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I'd say no on the auto. George has never connected the first e and o in George...most of the time, the "e" is written alone, when there is an "e".
  • I think one thing to keep in mind is this autograph may have been signed 30-34 years ago as opposed to any type of signature Brett has signed in recent years, whether you are paying to get his show signature or getting his in-person slop for free.
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Side by side with a circa 1975 auto:

imageimage
  • George is my guy, my childhood idol and the guy I named my boy after. I have stalked him (for lack of a better term) for autographs my entire childhood (had his license plate memorized at one time). I have tons of his autos and I have to say that the George portion on this card is way too "neat" to be his signature. The G looks good (but that's not real tough) and the B looks ok. I would lean far to the side of not legit.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intersting stuff. didnt think about the older autos. It was in a group of 1976s and was the only card auto'd so I figured some kid might have tried to sign it or something.
    Thanks for all the help guys!
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few I got in person, over a 3 year period, +/- 25 years ago:

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts