Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

OT- ebay problem

I bought a car remote. I receive it in the mail and it turned out to be the wrong one. I called them and argued with them for 10 minutes. They finally told me to send it back and they would send me the correct one. I returned it with confirmation delivery and waited a week after it was delivered to contact them. They told me that they would not send the replacement until after I leave them positve feedback. I told them I would not leave any feedback until I receive the correct remote. They said that they would not refund my money either. I told them I would file a paypal dispute. They said that if I did not do it their way they would just keep ignoring the dispute and would take 60 days to get my money back. I went ahead and filed the dispute anyway. Is that about all I can do? Is their any ebay policy that specifically prevents sellers from demanding feedback before they send a correct replacement? Mike

ebay link

Comments

• tigerdeantigerdean Posts: 905 ✭✭✭
    Call and email Ebay their tactics of blackmailing you for feedback.
  • All you need to do is prove delivery of your returned item. Call PP with the DC# showing it was received on the other end and collect your money.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That kind of crap might work against some buyers but not the smart ones from here.

File your dispute and neg the sh t out of them
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Don't forget to neg them.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't forget to neg them. >>

I never would have left negative feedback if they had just sent the correct item. Now that they have acted like this I will be giving them negative feedback. If my first post I said I argued with them for 10 minutes. When I first called them they told my the correct remote was $2 more. I told them I was not paying $2 more to get the correct item. After they agreed to not charge me the additional $2, they said to just send them $3 for the return postage. I told them I have to pay to send the item back and was not going to pay more money to have them ship the correct item. They eventually gave in after 10 minutes of arguing but it does not matter now at all.
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    As mentioned don't forget to neg them, leave all 1 stars and point out clearly in the feedback that they sent the wrong item and refused to correct it unless you left positive feedback first.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. Sorry you had to have to deal with this idiot. You did the right thing. Hope he enjoys the feedback. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.