Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Trade dollars are on fire

Are you kidding me? I was tracking this one out of sheer curiosity. Wow.

1934-B MS-65

$8,100

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    That is amazing. I know that in all likelihood the vast majority of these pieces have been cleaned to death, so this makes sense - kind of.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    They have been making huge jumps this year, particularly in 64 and above.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there's a correlation with the increase prices for gem 8 Reales.
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    I've been looking for a nicely toned example for a year and have noticed the price change.
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    Considering how much common dates in MS-65 sell for; $8,100 for a 34-B isn't that far fetched!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious if the 1934-B exist in quantity in high grade- there is a mystery about that one. I would not be surprised to see afew rolls pop up

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *jawdrop*

But, oh, man, is that one helluva trade dollar.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting this because I was just shopping proof trade dollars ... and my mind was blown.

Found a really nice PR63 for auction this week - ex Osmond Chan Collection - but the estimated hammer is £16,000-18,000 ($23k -30k USD). Really? I was expecting a LOT less.

I know the proofs are rather rare, but the last time I priced these out it was $2,000. What happened? image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE