Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2011 National Pickups- 51 Bowman Mantle RC- PICTURES POSTED

I picked up the following at the National. Will be posting picts later when I get home.

1951 Bowman Mantle RC SGC 3
1956 Topps Clemente PSA 8
1972 Topps Clemente PSA 8.5
1933 Sport Kings Thorpe SGC 5.5
PSA/DNA Clemente Cut Auto sent to Leaf for card framing and holdering.
25 NM/MT Commons for my 63 Set.
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• arexarex Posts: 999
    sounds like a nice batch of pickups!
    Got scans on any of them?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Can't wait to see 'em!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    One word comes to mind when I see this list - OUCH!!! I hope you were able to secure a price somewhere even remotely close to VCP!
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Nice group. I look forward to the pics.
  • A 1951 Bowman Mantle nice to have congradulations.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Every card I purchased outside of the 72 Clemente was under VCP. The mantle was 150 under.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Every card I purchased outside of the 72 Clemente was under VCP. The mantle was 150 under. >>

Wow!! To hear others talk, the prices at the National were OUTRAGEOUS with no deals in sight. And now you are saying that the prices were reasonable. I guess I will have to reschedule my cancelled trip for next year after all!
    There were good deals, you just had to find them. I have some friends that deal and I typically go there first. Also, traffic was sparse the two days I was there and dealers seemed willing to come off their prices. Also I was spending more than a couple hundred and the higher you spend the more willing it seems for them to deal.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    The key to the hunt is to leave no rock unturned.....I usually find the best deals with the smaller outside tables away from the Corporate dealers.
    We have pictures!!!!

• PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards Jason, love the Clemente cards.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    All Nice Cards.Super job.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
    Thanks! Look forward to November.
  • Fantastic pickups!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickups...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Nice image