Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help me value these Nolan Ryan Highland Mint Medallions!!

I'm trying to determine some ballpark value for some highland mint magnum medallions I have from when I was a kid. I have three Nolan Ryan Magnum coins: bronze (1/3000), silver (1/700) and gold/silver (1/375). All are matching serial numbers #49. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jbox

Comments

• storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    I searched ebay pretty well. I saw one item that matched the bronze version, but no help on the other two more rare versions. Does all three serial numbered the same increase value any?
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    "Does all three serial numbered the same increase value any?"

No. If I was buying them, I would be more interested in the original paperwork and boxes then the serial number. If they were the first, last or jersey #, they would command a small premium.

There however might be a slight variation in one of more medallions from the non-set versions. There was with the 1997 49ers Bronze Set, from the 1996 Bronze individuals. This would interest PC (or Player Collectors). It would not make them worth more, but might make them of interest to some, individually, that normally would have no interest.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Well the silver and gold/silver have 4.25 troy ounces of silver so I guess they're worth about 8.5 ounces of silver!! I guess I'll keep them for when the SHTF! I'll pay for my groceries with Nolan. Thanks for trying to help guys.