Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New Custom from Doran - The Mick

Really looking forward to this Custom. Still in a pre-print stage, but this 7 x 10 card is going to be awesome! Hoping to get it, along with a few others, within the week.

For years I was looking for this inscription, never really expecting to find it. Found the paperback book "THE MICK" on ebay with this inscription and signature on the inside front page earlier this year. This will be my #1 autographed card.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭
    Doug, that is awesome!!! image

I remember when you posted that book and how cool that the person that got it signed was named Doug too.

Are you going to get it slabbed? It would look very sharp!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome. Congrats Doug, I know you'll enjoy it!
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice piece Doug, it's kinda like the President Clinton autograph I have personalized to "Mike", but it wasn't me that got it. Still I like it much more than other Clinton graphs I have.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Very nice!
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭
    That is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I wish I could have one that has "The other Doug" personalized image Great, great card! Nice work Doug
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭
    very nice; great addition to the collection!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Stunning, enjoy it!
    Good for you.
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Wow, that's really amaxing. Many cheers Doug, well done ol chum.
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Very cool image
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That's a beauty!!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks guys! Can't wait to have it in hand. Will post when I do.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Very cool card. Doran is an artist.

(The Mick is perhaps my favorite sports book.)

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    DOUG

I'LL COME OUT OF RETIREMENT TO SAY--EXCELLENT JOB!!

MANNY
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>DOUG

I'LL COME OUT OF RETIREMENT TO SAY--EXCELLENT JOB!!

MANNY >>

Welcome back Manny!!! Hope all has been well with you.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug,

That is freakin awesome man!!!

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
    Thanks again guys. MANNY ... where the hell have you been? Hope all is going well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• arexarex Posts: 999
    Doug,
    what an awesome auto and card of The Mick!
    Congrats!
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolute beauty!!!
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭
    Never heard of him
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

<< <i>Never heard of him >>

Don't know much about him ... someone told me he played minor league football ... Not that familiar with minor league football, but I THINK the guy told me the team names were Redskins and Steelers! LMAO!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    This is a super-cool piece...but could you imagine how it'd feel if it got lost by usps on the way back?

<< <i>This is a super-cool piece...but could you imagine how it'd feel if it got lost by usps on the way back? >>

Not sure if yur bustin balls or not (not sure why you would be considering I never busted yours) but if you are my answer to you is: It's only a card and an auto. Compared to all the crap I have gone thru with my daughter and wife this means SH*T!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This is a super-cool piece...but could you imagine how it'd feel if it got lost by usps on the way back? >>

Not sure if yur bustin balls or not (not sure why you would be considering I never busted yours) but if you are my answer to you is: It's only a card and an auto. Compared to all the crap I have gone thru with my daughter and wife this means SH*T! >>

Meant nothing negative with the post...such an amazing find it would be a shame to have it mishandled by the usps.
    No problem ... I believe you that you meant nothing by it ... just a strange thing to say, considering there have been THOUSANDS of items worth a LOT more posted on these boards and never heard anyone make such a statement. Oh well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job on the auto custom...imageimage

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
    Thanks D.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    That is a fantastic looking card Doug, Congrats.