Home Sports Talk
Options

KC Chiefs 2011 Road to the Playoffs Thread

Ok....I guess a Chiefs thread is an annual thing now for me, so here we go.

KC fans are excited going into 2011. The team has really turned itself around the last two years. Now with free agency and drafting....Cassell will actually have more then Bowe to throw the ball to. Hard to imagine it has been the mid 90s since we were this good. Pretty tough schedule with six games against teams that qualified for the 2010 playoffs, but nothing the defending AFC West Champions can't handle. We even managed two Monday Night Games...meaning others actually respect a KC team for a change.

I really questioned our draft picks last year....and got shown I know nothing about drafting. image So this year I will just set back and hope for a healthy roster. Trying to decide what game I will attend. Maybe the Chargers game. I would prefer the Packers game but Arrowhead is usually pretty cold in Dec.

GO CHIEFS!

Clear Skies,
Mark
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Broncos have a bad year again, then I vote for the Chiefs to take the AFC West crown. Next would be the Bolts. The Raiders,............hopefully neverimage
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Mark, I expect trouble in the trenches with the Chiefs.

Howdy from Chiefs training camp.

D
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamal Charles going to be the main ball carrier there or what?
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Yes, but not on 3rd down and goal line.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Mark, I expect trouble in the trenches with the Chiefs.

Howdy from Chiefs training camp.

D >>

Sounds cool....well the second part. If you get any sigs...be sure to share scans.

<< <i>Jamal Charles going to be the main ball carrier there or what? >>

We signed Le'Ron McClain last week, but I am sure Jamaal Charles will still be the main go to guy. McClain I imagine will take most of his snaps away from Thomas Jones. Interestingly, Madden has Charles ranked a 95...which is a little crazy.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Bring back Ed Podolak !!! After training camp of course image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Chiefs looks pretty rusty in the first preseason game. The short camp time was little help. It was over 100 every day and only once did the players even practice in pads. Seems like an average high school field could have provided better accomidations. Preseason is however just that, a time to work out the rookies and backups and that is how we used it.

Still, great to see football on tv even.
  • Options
    A couple tough weeks, and an injury to a key player each week....sigh!

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A couple tough weeks, and an injury to a key player each week....sigh! >>

I gotta say, as a Lions fan, it sure is nice to be on the right side of a woodshed beatdown for once.

Tabe
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    KC Chiefs 2011 Road to the Playoffs Thread

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be re-titled the "KC Chiefs Road to pick Andrew Luck" thread.