Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I don't know how you Roosevelt Dime collectors do it!

I just went through 10 1999-P MS-68FB dimes to find a decent one for Larissa's collection. There were spots, marks, scratches, etc., on every dime! Maybe my expectations are too high for an MS-68? The one we "settled on" was polished to proof-like fields above the torch. Here's her 1999-D:

WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    very nice roosie!!!
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    "You Roosevelt dime collectors"? Come on, you gotta admit it, you like that shiny, well struck little peon of a coin yourself dont youimage-------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooooooo, pretty! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>We cry a lot, especially when we submit nicer coins and they come back graded lower than all those lousy ms68s. image >>

I hear ya! Of the 10, there was one with a PERFECT obverse, but regretfully it had a reverse too! image

It's amazing the dramatic difference (at least to me) between an MS-67 (modern) and an MS-68 (modern)... moderns take so many hits (or are made of lesser quality planchets?) that an MS-66 and lower looks like crap to me. An MS-60, 61, 62 modern looks really funny... marks everywhere, no surface wear and 100% luster remaining! image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I tried moving to Roosevelt Dimes when I competed the Merc. I just can't get excited about them. Your dime looks nice, but a 68 should be a 68 and not all marked up.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice image!
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I don't know how you Roosevelt Dime collectors do it!"

Easy ... you need to go through 100 of them

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from the ranch . . did some metal detecting at the confluence of the OR-CA-Mormon Trails . . .only found one coin . .

A 1999-D dime. Not even in a Doily . .

Drunner
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Just got back from the ranch . . did some metal detecting at the confluence of the OR-CA-Mormon Trails . . .only found one coin . .

A 1999-D dime. Not even in a Doily . .

Drunner >>

Well, at least you have confirmation that Mormon's were time travelers! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file