Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any 1966 Venezuelan Experts out there?

Bought a lot of very nice 65-67 cards yesterday. A handful of them have the very dark "burt orange" backs that I have read are Venezuelan. As far as I can tell, though, they're on normal card stock.

Anyone know whether there are just very dark colored regular TCGs from this set? Or am I sitting on some decent cards here?

Comments

• Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    The front border would appear distinctly beige on a 1966 Venezuelan card, and the stock would be different as well, it would have a more "sandstone" type grain to the stock on the back. The orange would be a deep burnt pinkish-orange color.
  • Options
    Venezuelan vs. Topps - whiter border is Topps

• Options
    Darker card on bottom is Venezuelan. I have a graded copy as well, but interesting, of the Venezuelan
    Brock cards, only the 66 has the TCG printed in USA. I assume PSA is correct........

• Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Brock21-I need one brock card and I was wondering if you have it for me...1968 bazooka back panel? any help?
    Thanks Scott
  • Options
    thanks guys. my backs look like they are they, but fronts are not. borders are too white.
  • Options
    quitcrab - I need the 68 Bazooka as well, tough card to find.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Many Venezuelans have the USA print line, I don't remember all of the years that include this feature though (and sometimes it's hit or miss as to which cards have the line and which don't).

Here's a '64:

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Interesting on the TCG. 64 Brock only has TCG, the Thomas has TCG - printed in USA

• Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    Are there Venezuelan unopened packs? I don't know if I have ever even seen picture of a wrapper.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello