Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

****OOOOPPSSSS Posted wrong board!

Sorry posted on wrong board....(as mentioned below) Will re-post in appropriate spot on BST board. Sorry for the oversight!
Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    How about posting to the right boards first off. This isn't the board for buying selling trading. Oddly enough the board marked buying selling trading is. Move this spam please.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "N" is for Knowledge.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    mulligan.

Mr. Johnson is a way cool dude. i'm sure once he has sorted out his lots he will be offering them in the correct forum.

good luck Dave.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    It's in the proper forum...there's no list here and no prices he's just giving a heads up and offering a background story to the lots.

Sheesh.

I'd throw these on eBay...too many jerks here.

Good luck with the sales (when you do list them).
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's in the proper forum...there's no list here and no prices he's just giving a heads up and offering a background story to the lots.

Sheesh.
    >>

You must have missed this sentence...
    "Figured I would try and sell some here first instead of taking all of the time to set up ebay auctions, deal with fees etc."
  • Options

<< <i>How about posting to the right boards first off. This isn't the board for buying selling trading. Oddly enough the board marked buying selling trading is. Move this spam please. >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It's in the proper forum...there's no list here and no prices he's just giving a heads up and offering a background story to the lots.

Sheesh.
    >>

You must have missed this sentence...
    "Figured I would try and sell some here first instead of taking all of the time to set up ebay auctions, deal with fees etc." >>

Everyone's definition of 'here' is different.

It could be here [to the Collector's Universe Message Boards community].

or...

It could be here [the Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum].

Point is...he didn't make an ad...just gave a background story and heads up...so why flame him?

• Options
    the last time the OP had some fine vintage baseball to offer, he essentially did the same thing IIRC, he posted a very detailed list of cards and then sold them in the BST.

darn good stuff might i add. don't chase him away guys, you might be doing someone else a huge favor.
  • Options
    wallst32wallst32 Posts: 513 ✭✭

<< <i>the last time the OP had some fine vintage baseball to offer, he essentially did the same thing IIRC, he posted a very detailed list of cards and then sold them in the BST.

darn good stuff might i add. don't chase him away guys, you might be doing someone else a huge favor. >>

Because he had "fine cards" that makes him exempt from the rules? What if he was pushing 1987 Sportflics or 1988 Score; would you be saying the same thing?
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    So we are all allowed to post ads in this forum directing everyone over to BST with our actual for sale thread? Ok good to know.
  • Options

<< <i>So we are all allowed to post ads in this forum directing everyone over to BST with our actual for sale thread? Ok good to know. >>

Do us a favor then and only post in the BST forum since you have that advertisement in your sig line.

Sounds stupid doesn't it? Think about what you're saying.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>the last time the OP had some fine vintage baseball to offer, he essentially did the same thing IIRC, he posted a very detailed list of cards and then sold them in the BST.

darn good stuff might i add. don't chase him away guys, you might be doing someone else a huge favor. >>

Because he had "fine cards" that makes him exempt from the rules? What if he was pushing 1987 Sportflics or 1988 Score; would you be saying the same thing? >>

uh, no.

i am equally accepting of anyone who chooses to use this forum to communicate with fellow collectors....my personal collecting interests revolve around the pursuit of the so-called "fine cards" to which you refer, but it doesn't mean i sit here and play card snob.

check around. you might find i also enjoy an occasional date with a notebook full of shiny stuff.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So we are all allowed to post ads in this forum directing everyone over to BST with our actual for sale thread? Ok good to know. >>

Do us a favor then and only post in the BST forum since you have that advertisement in your sig line.

Sounds stupid doesn't it? Think about what you're saying. >>

That's exactly why I gave this. image
    You click on his link, and there's plenty of advertising and selling on that link.

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Wow...

Just got done mowing the lawn and discovered that YES, I did post this on the wrong forum

Sorry! image

Feel like I need to justify my OP since it appears I have been somewhat thrown and dragged under the bus here.

I have been on these boards since 2002 and do have a fair number of posts, no hidden agenda here, just a simple mistake.

I will post this instead on the BST board. I was more concerned with getting the info into the post that I did not notice I clicked on the wrong forum. image

Brendan, glad you have nothing better to do than police this place....but thanks for correcting me

Nathaniel 1960, if I had a nickel for everytime I heard that one...Nowledge....well in this case that was an accurate description. image

Goner....thanks for having my back. image
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    lmao......no problem Dave.

image you're not the only one who's ever done this, you don't need to apologize, guys show off their stuff here all the time without price tags and it winds up sold, here, there or elsewhere.

i've previewed stuff here and no one ever accused me of pimping and my link never leaves my sigline.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    For anyone that hasn't done business with Dave or interacted with him, I can tell you from experience that he certainly doesn't have to stoop to an "accidental" wrong b,s,t forum post to sell anything. He is a first class man with lots of nowledge image
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    It's shark week on the discovery channel....and here it appears. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>It's shark week on the discovery channel....and here it appears. image >>

great, now Mark is piling on image