Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

MICKEY MANTLE Autograph experts

Your opinions as to authenticity?

THANKS!
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Doug

you are usualy the expert on Mantles but in my opinion since I have two myself I would guess no.It has some resemlence however there is quite a difference between the ones I have seen and this one.Just a hunch.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Tony ... Yeah, this one looks a bit different than the few that I have. I do not have any where he wrote so small ... I was wondering if that could make it look different.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Doug

You make a good point about the small letters however there does appear to be some difference in the script.Mickeys Autograph is pretty well consistent from my past experience along with Maris.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    nfg IMO

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinions guy. Much appreciated.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I own a few Mantles. As far as the technical aspects of it, there are two things I don't like about this one and only one that I do. While it isn't horrible, I wouldn't buy it.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    SCMAVL, thanks for your opinion as well.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    +1 red flags.

I wouldn't buy it.
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I would buy and sell that Mantle sig all day long (if it's not pre-printed)

Looks like a nice older example of a Mantle.

Edit - add pic
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    Heres a same style but rushed version