Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Vallejo Coin Show

stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
Does anybody know anything about this show?

Perhaps how large it is or anything?

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years ago it was a fairly decent show, cannot say for now because I haven't lived in Cali for over 20 years now.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    When is it, and where will it be held?
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the last one, to pick up a coin from a dealer.
    It's kind of your typical small N. Cal. coin show with the usual dealers.
  • Options
    "Vallejo, NASC's Nor-Cal X Coin Show, at the Vallejo Veterans Memorial Bldg. 420 Admiral Callaghan Lane. Free admission and parking".

Note that the show is Down the Street (though easily found) from last years location. Name changed slighly too. Vallejo Coin Club's 39th show. If you have the time, drive down Tennessee Street all the way to Mare Island, and visit the waterfront/historical district of the oldest West Coast Navy Yard.

Have Fun!
    www.CoinMine.com
  • Options
    stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how small it is now image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i gotta check out what shows are left in this are. im in the north east and was wondering
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I was at that show yesterday. It is a fairly small show.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    There were about 25 dealers there Sunday, a few more on Saturday. Most reported ok-to-good sales
    Saturday, but yesterday was slow. Unfortunately this venue is not as good as the previous venue. IMVHO the organizers made a mistake by separating the bourse into two rooms, and would have been better served (and served the dealers and public better) by combining all dealers in the large room.

One topic of conversation I had with a few gents is the large number of shows in Nor Cal. Where I live I could visit 25 shows a year and never spend a night in a hotel room. Not sure that many shows are necessary given todays coin market (internet) - not that I am complaining.

However, most did mention that practically ALL the northern cal. shows (and western US shows in general - except Anaheim) are in decline when considered over a 20-year period (another fact I surmise is impacted by the availabilit of buy/sell options over the internet). Some shows have just plain stopped (San Francisco, Marin Co.). A small nor cal show I gather has improved is Visalia.

As it is, a coin show STILL REMAINS an incredibly valuable venue to educate yourself on the hobby, history, market, business and community and will support these local shows as best I can.

Hope you have a show on YOUR calendar this month!
    www.CoinMine.com
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There were about 25 dealers there Sunday, a few more on Saturday. Most reported ok-to-good sales
    Saturday, but yesterday was slow. Unfortunately this venue is not as good as the previous venue. IMVHO the organizers made a mistake by separating the bourse into two rooms, and would have been better served (and served the dealers and public better) by combining all dealers in the large room.

One topic of conversation I had with a few gents is the large number of shows in Nor Cal. Where I live I could visit 25 shows a year and never spend a night in a hotel room. Not sure that many shows are necessary given todays coin market (internet) - not that I am complaining.

However, most did mention that practically ALL the northern cal. shows (and western US shows in general - except Anaheim) are in decline when considered over a 20-year period (another fact I surmise is impacted by the availabilit of buy/sell options over the internet). Some shows have just plain stopped (San Francisco, Marin Co.). A small nor cal show I gather has improved is Visalia.

As it is, a coin show STILL REMAINS an incredibly valuable venue to educate yourself on the hobby, history, market, business and community and will support these local shows as best I can.

Hope you have a show on YOUR calendar this month! >>

If Sacramento and the Central Valley south to Fresno are included, there are a lot of coin shows in Northern California. Unfortunately many shows are scheduled in clusters around the same time. The week before Vallejo there was the show in Fremont and only a two weeks before that was a show in Modesto. There is a show in Fairfield on August 14. If Southern California coin shows are considered there is a show almost every consecutive weekend.

The Anaheim monthly show is arguably one of the fastest declining shows in the state. I used to go to that show once in a while but haven't felt the need to in recent times.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file