Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone have positive or negative feedback on a Pennzoni display case?

I was thinking about picking one of these up to display my C55 set - 46 cards
Does anyone have positive or negative feedback on their product?
Pennzoni Link
Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main worry is having my cards fade from sunlight. Looks like a nice display!
  • Options
    Hi, I bought one of those cases two years ago. It's quality stuff IMO. It says 100 percent uv but I keep it away from the sun just in case.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool i didnt know that. Might look into getting on myself
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    if you are near Cleveland and willing to pick up a wood framed one I could let you have it real cheap...it's sitting in my basement right now gathering dust....the one I have folds in half and I used it a few times at shows and it's been stored since. MY BAD...mine only holds top loads.......not graded cards.

however that said it's still available.....I"ll try to get some photos posted.

al. image
  • Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Highly recommend . . .

I have some just hanging on the wall and others I affixed with anchors with the screw running through the frame -- they are about 1/2 inch think. I'm evolving to a point where I'd prefer to have them all hanging.

I use a small amount of "reusable adhesive" All Stick (kinda like gum) that I buy at Office Depot behind each flip so the cards don't fall forward. It works great.

My only knock is that the snap fasteners they use at the bottom left/right (of the 50-card frames) are prone to breaking -- although it doesn't affect the appearance at all. They use Velcro for the 30-card frames.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    I have that exact case but in cherrywood. It actually holds 55 PSA/BGS/SGC cards. I have taken mine to "Deck the Walls" to see about getting a better quality UV plexiglass.

So far I have been very happy with their products (I have 3 different cases). The customer service is good. The main guy however twice told me he would make a custom case to hold horizontal graded cards and never got around to quoting me. Eventually I took one of their other cases and converted it myself.

I have shared this photo before: image
    Hook'em
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. It says it comes with 100% UV acrylic but there is an option for an extra $55 "special UV acylic"

Anyone have any info on that?
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the feedback. It says it comes with 100% UV acrylic but there is an option for an extra $55 "special UV acylic"

Anyone have any info on that? >>

I would be interested in knowing that as well. The quote I got from Deck the Halls was around $200 for the improved UV protection.
    Hook'em