Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A $7 Ebay gamble

Comments

• Options
    Not a 43 DDO double eye
  • Options
    WestySteveWestySteve Posts: 567 ✭✭✭
    Killjoy! image I dunno...letters look doubled to me. Have to wait until I get it in hand. It was worth the risk.

Edit: BTW, this begs a question about the DDO. Suppose some mint employee eventually noticed the error on the eye and scrubbed it out on the die, but left the letters alone? I ask this because I have a '43-P that is very late die state and doesn't have a doubled eye, but to me, looks like the letters are doubled. I'll try and post a picture...
  • Options
    Sorry bro, but the doubling is not the type seen on this coin, cant remember the name of the type of notching that shows, but that isn't even doubling it is for metal flow. The split serifs would be obvious on E of WE and the eye is in the wrong location, sorry I have a EDS MS-65 FS coin sitting in front of me.
  • Options
    You just wasted your money
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You just wasted your money >>

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    You just wasted $3.50 of your money and $3.50 of your wives money! image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eye booger variety imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Man...with friends like you guys.... image

Ah well. Win some, lose some.

I may not be knowledgeable, but dammit, I'm entertaining!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasted and $7 are not a terrible combination.
    Cheap learning experience if indeed it is a learning experience.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>Wasted and $7 are not a terrible combination.
    Cheap learning experience if indeed it is a learning experience. >>

Cheap indeed.

• Options

<< <i>

Cheap indeed.

image >>

Now thats just low... I love my bus...sooo much fun to drive

Edit: Me and the family on a Safari in Florida. Kids clowning around in the bus while my wife watches an alligator through binoculars. The bus was a rolling observatory for the kids:

• Options
    $7 is worth it just for a "free" thread on the boards image Entertainment the cheap way!

If all my lessons cost me only $7 each I would be able to buy an MS Chain Cent with the extra money I would have image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Cheap indeed.

image >>

Edit: Me and the family on a Safari in Florida. Kids clowning around in the bus while my wife watches an alligator through binoculars. The bus was a rolling observatory for the kids:

image >>

High class cat will have none of that.

• Options
    After my bus' last encounter with a high class cat:

(Edit: Significantly cropped picture of buzzards dining on feline)

image >>

• Options

• Options
    LMAO! You win! That was awesome.

Edit: And thank you for the reminder to check my fuel line for cracks. Its safety tips like those that can keep my family safe!
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Bochiman is correct. I wish MY first 'learning experience', commonly referred to as 'tuition', was only $7!
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    Ya know, for picture posters that think some things are funny, I think a few of the comments and a certain picture went WAY overboard and I hope that the picture, at least, is edited.

This is a COIN BOARD! Not a "show a picture to shock or try to be funny".
    I find the jokes about what someone drives or spends to be in poor taste, and I find dead animals, or dead animal jokes/pictures, to be in POOR TASTE on a coin forum!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690

<< <i>

Bochiman is correct. I wish MY first 'learning experience', commonly referred to as 'tuition', was only $7! >>

How much was it? image
  • Options
    Dog lover all the way, baby! But in an abundance of caution, I'll take the picture down.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After my bus' last encounter with a high class cat:

image >>

My kitty..............

• Options
    What did I do Bochi, I was only answering his questionimage

Geez an honest answer and you get attacked, sorry Steve it is a double eye, my bad.
  • Options
    I knew it! image

Heh...no, I think Bochiman is right that we lost our sense of decorum for a bit there, but the bus on-fire picture gave me the biggest laugh I've had in days. Posting the cat picture had me giggling too. But not the best place for it. Still, the line is hard to pinpoint between staying 100% on topic, or deviating from the topic a little bit like coin buddies BSing in a coin shop, to pastural pictures of a family of buzzards feeding their young in the circle of life.

I do appreciate your input and my Double-eye is in the safety deposit box. I did want input, which is why I posted it. I couldn't post it before I bought it or one of you guys might have scooped me (had I been right).

As for the cheap comments...I "get" the spirit that was intended. I thought it was funny, even if tragically true. image The idea of a rich cat with a look down your nose attitude is kind of funny.

Steve
  • Options
    TexasN - it wasn't you.
    It's the ones posting the dead cats that I find sick and disgusting on a coin forum and I woudn't mind those getting nuked and/or the posters getting corrected by the admins for it.
    This is a coin forum...not a gross shock forum and that's how I find it.

<< <i> Rule 2) Anyone posting crude or vulgar pictures or language will no longer be allowed to post. No more warnings. >>

• Options
    Now that I think about it, I can probably remove the copied version of my "pastural bird feeding" photo by taking it out of my photobucket. I'll do that. (Edit: I elected to significantly crop it for the wildly curious...effectively making it a Rated G picture)

Bochiman...you half defended me, and half lambasted me. We're OK.
  • Options
    Bochi, I know I was just trying to lighten the mood.
  • Options
    What did I miss?

BTW, I've had a few lessons myself, usually from miscalculating final costs on Ebay when postage is involved. Not much, but irritating. I can be OCD.
  • Options
    One of those situations where people get wild on Saturday night, have a great time and a bunch of laughs. Then later realize they bent societies rules in the process. I think its all over now. Nothing to see here. Move along.

***Its worth mentioning that TexasNats PMed me and offered me a sweet deal on a nickel I've been looking for to protect me from my misguided e-bay fishing expeditions. And to clarify that he didn't intend to come off any other way than informative...which I already knew anyway. I think he's a better guy than we know.
  • Options

<< <i>........I find those pictures sick and disgusting.......... >>

>>

I do too. And I keep coming back to this thread again and again and again and again....... Just to see if those pictures are still here!!!!!!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Sorry guys, stuff shirts included, but this post is imageimage

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant tell with them pics but it dont look like it from here. jmo
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Cheap indeed.

image >>

image >>

I don't know my buddy just sold his 21 window rag top VW bus for $190K+ at auction last mo Just crazy.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Thats true. Your buddy's bus had to have been all original and perfect but its plausible. Alot of the best ones are being exported because our currency is so weak. I have another VW...a '63 beetle ragtop. And with the falling dollar, my German iron has been a pretty good investment. The days of finding an old VW in a field and fixing it up are ending...whats out there is either much loved or rusted beyond repair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file