Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Which 1895 Proof Morgan would you rather have?

1895-P in cameo or the 1895-O in cameo?

Non Cameo P or O?

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Can you make this a poll? image I'll take the one in the Stacks Rarities sale!
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    For the price these go for? Neither.
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    I'll take the proof 95-O that's in the Stack's-Bowers sale over a comparably graded 1895-P any day. The reason being that the former is much, much rarer, not to mention it's a branch mint proof, which in itself is cool.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll take the proof 95-O that's in the Stack's-Bowers sale over a comparably graded 1895-P any day. The reason being that the former is much, much rarer, not to mention it's a branch mint proof, which in itself is cool. >>

IMO, 1895 proofs are a TERRIBLE value
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll take the proof 95-O that's in the Stack's-Bowers sale over a comparably graded 1895-P any day. The reason being that the former is much, much rarer, not to mention it's a branch mint proof, which in itself is cool. >>

IMO, 1895 proofs are a TERRIBLE value >>

I could not agree more.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I'll take either one. Please PM me for my adresss.image
    Becky
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

TDN: Could you expand on this please? I'd like to hear why you feel this way.
    Thanks
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

TDN: Could you expand on this please? I'd like to hear why you feel this way.
    Thanks >>

Because the trend is away from collecting proofs and circulation strikes in one collection - and toward collecting either/or. Thus the demand for 1895 proofs [and 1858 seated dollars, etc] will trend lower toward just that from proof set collectors. Since the mintage of each is similar to the mintage of all the other proofs for the set, the price will tend to fall toward the other dates.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    either or image
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Definitely the 1895-O unless I was actively working on Proof Morgan Dollars and NOT include the branch mint Proofs.

Since I'm not actively working on a Proof Morgan set, I would take the 1895-O all day long.

Dennis
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the trend is away from collecting proofs and circulation strikes in one collection - and toward collecting either/or.

TDN - Would you agree that the trend is also away from set building and towards collecting individual coins? And if so, how will that impact prices?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

<< <i>the trend is away from collecting proofs and circulation strikes in one collection - and toward collecting either/or.

TDN - Would you agree that the trend is also away from set building and towards collecting individual coins? And if so, how will that impact prices? >>

No, I wouldn't agree.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file