Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Can anyone get me a Hank Aaron auto?

I have an item I'd like signed by Hank Aaron. Before you ask, I already have an Aaron auto but I want him on this particular piece. Does anyone on this forum have an "in" with Aaron? Please PM me if so. Thanks!

-J
2.5 is pretty much my speed.

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I don't have an in but he signs with Steiner a couple times a year
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Mike is right, he does a couple a year with Steiners. My guess is that the next one will be in December again.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Excellent, thanks. Anyone ever had any issues with them or are they pretty highly regarded as legit?
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Excellent, thanks. Anyone ever had any issues with them or are they pretty highly regarded as legit? >>

I saw your question before you edited it, and for most of their signings, you can either send it in, or you can attend in person if it's at their Steiner Store, or at some of the Last Lick's Ice Cream stores they have. They are legit, if what you mean by legit is that you'll get an authentic autograph. I've used them on several occasions for items ranging from Notre Dame items, to Joe Namath and Hank Aaron signed rookie cards. I've found that you need to specify EXACTLY how you want your item returned, and include the return protection or it might be left up to some one's whim at an ice cream store as to how they ship it back. I've had them ship back my 1954 Topps Hank Aaron signed rookie card in only a flat brown envelope with no protection (stiffening) or tracking (good thing was it made it back with no damage so maybe they are the smart ones, LOL) . After that episode, I've made crystal clear to them how my stuff is supposed to be sent back and they've done a good job with it. Sometimes, I've found that they will want you to execute a release depending on the value of your item that you are sending, in order to supposedly "hold them harmless" if something happens, however, just like most releases, if they are negligent, I don't think a release is going to help them a whole lot.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I used them last time around for a few items. Like Mike said, specify exactly how you want everything done and you'll be all right. If you have a Steiner rep, run everything through them. The only issue I had, which couldn't be helped on Steiner's part, is that Mr. Aaron kept rescheduling, so the actual signing took place 60-90 days after it was originally scheduled.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Express how important it is to you that the item is done specifically how you say you want it done. I was specific that I wanted something signed in ultra fine blue sharpie but it was still signed in fine. Aaron can be a bit heavy handed when he writes and the sig doesnt turn out as nice when he uses the thicker fine. I think next time I'll just make the trip to NYC to be sure it's done the way I want LOL
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Many, many thanks guys. I see Aaron isn't signed up with Steiner yet so I'll check in a couple of months. This should work well for me.