Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Saw this at a show today, forgive the terrible picture

I was walking by a dealer's table at a local card show today. He had only graded vintage baseball. 95% of which was graded by BVG. The Reggie Jackson caught my eye because to the naked eye it seemed like it was much smaller than it should be. It does not come out as clearly in the picture, but I would not mind getting others opinions here.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy small.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    All of my '69s have much bigger borders than that...
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    There's a reason it's in a Beckett slab
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    lol image
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Was this at the show in Raleigh today?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    the right side of the Bench looks great......plz go back and photograph the rest of it for me. image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    an excellent example of why not to buy anything Beckett. I feel a whole lot safer with KSA or GAI.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the right side of the Bench looks great......plz go back and photograph the rest of it for me. image >>

Shreveport, LA. The same guy is setting up at the National. I wonder how many of his other cards are trimmed. The Jackson caught my eye because of the obvious small borders. Did not look closely at his other stuff because like I said earlier over 90 percent of his stuff was in BVG slabs.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I thought Beckett was SUPPOSED to be a reliable grader?? Are they not?
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought Beckett was SUPPOSED to be a reliable grader?? Are they not? >>

they are fine as long as you do not mind running the risk of buying an altered card.