Home Sports Talk
Options

New Adam Sandler movie with a replica Green Monster

zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
They're filming the new Adam Sandler movie nearby and they built a replica Green Monster at a local middle school.

Stopped by there this morning and took a few pics. It's not done yet. The Gulf sign is in that black plastic behind the wall

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool. I noticed a couple of errors in the division standings. Based on their records, Sandwich should be 15.5 games out of 1st, and Mashpee should be 29 games out of 1st. image
  • Options
    I thought it was a Citgo sign above/behind the wall?
  • Options
    oops my bad - No idea why I said Gulf LOL

• Options
    What's the name of the movie?
  • Options

<< <i>What's the name of the movie? >>

I Hate You Dad
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What's the name of the movie? >>

I Hate You Dad >>

I hope you two patch things up some day, but I'd really like to know the name of the darn movie.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Film looks pretty good, think it is going to be rated R as well, they are in Oesterville for a few weeks. Just got word I think they are creating a Van Halen concert at the fake fenway
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    That is really cool looking.
  • Options
    Went back over this morning. Security guard told me this is just supposed to be a replica that one of the characters builds in his backyard. Didn't know anything else though. No filming has been done yet.

Citgo sign is up along with Pesky's Pole now. Would be so cool to be able to go out on the field and play a game

• Options
    It would be awesome if they would leave it there and let the city take control of it to use as a little league field. Doubt it happens unfortunately.
  • Options

<< <i>oops my bad - No idea why I said Gulf LOL >>

Well, there is a big Gulf sign just to the left of the left field foul pole at the real Fenway.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Goot, I had those same thoughts, although I'm a little more optimistic that it will be left for the town, if for no other reason than they would have to pay someone to tear it down.
  • Options
    That field is pure awesomeness but I did read an article in the local paper that they're not going to leave it up.

As far as cost to remove it, that would fall upon the movie studio. And cost is no object when it comes to a Hollywood budget

• Options
    Cleaned the one up from behind home plate a bit with photoshop to use as my desktop.

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Zep, not to be a jerk, but can you please stop walking in my yard and snaping pictures.
  • Options
    Not sure where you live but they were in Cape Cod filming on Wednesday.
    They closed the beach down that I was at with my family at 5pm so they could bring in the film crew.
    Some people at the hotel I was staying at said they saw Adam Sandler and Woddy Harrelson in Cape cod that day.
    I was hoping I would run into them for some autographs but no such luck
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Just another example of why this country is going down the crapper.....

I can't believe a studio would rather waste money to tear down a perfectly good baseball field that could actually GENERATE a lot of revenue from local little leagues in future years. Are you telling me that the nearby towns wouldn't want to have their league championship games, or all-star games there??? They could draw more fans to little league games in that park than any other park in MA.

just asinine.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

All those trees have got to go.
  • Options

<< <i>Just another example of why this country is going down the crapper.....

I can't believe a studio would rather waste money to tear down a perfectly good baseball field that could actually GENERATE a lot of revenue from local little leagues in future years. Are you telling me that the nearby towns wouldn't want to have their league championship games, or all-star games there??? They could draw more fans to little league games in that park than any other park in MA.

just asinine. >>

Although it would have been great to leave it up, I've heard locally here it would have been too expensive to make it usable. It's just a movie prop. Nowhere even close to being sturdy enough to use and maintain. A good storm would have brought it right down.

went back over yesterday and the Citgo sign is ready to come down and all those sponsor banners are gone now image
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

thanks for the photos and story

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I was actually lucky enough to book the job as Adam's stand-in until the end of production. Down in hyannis for a bit and headed to the only game in town...Zachary's???