Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Craigslist ad for Bombo Riveras

Does this sound like a scam to you? Did Topps reprint these cards after Bombo retired?

My younger brother's collection of Bombo Rivera cards. Every year from 1977 thru 1981. Even includes 1981 Fleer. Six beautiful cards. I know nothing about cards, but these are as new, in plastic sleeves. No creases and corners perfect. I am only selling for a financial hardship/emergency. First $2.99 cash, by 3pm today. Less than 50 cents a card. Hard times = hard cash. Only phone #s get a chance. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Classic Craigslist Bombo scam.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can trust the Bombo cards but be wary of the Dick Pole cards.
  • Options
    pclpadspclpads Posts: 457 ✭✭
    My younger brother's collection of Bombo Rivera cards. Every year from 1977 thru 1981. Even includes 1981 Fleer. Six beautiful cards. I know nothing about cards, but these are as new, in plastic sleeves. No creases and corners perfect. I am only selling for a financial hardship/emergency. First $2.99 cash, by 3pm today. Less than 50 cents a card. Hard times = hard cash. Only phone #s get a chance. Thanks. >>

Doofus must be living on the edge if he thinks $2.99 will ease his "financial hardship/emergency."
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Bombo discovers that he is the long lost illegitimate son of Peter Falk. Bombo Columbo.

Bombo is introduced as the "next lovable floppy-eared child's Disney storybook character". Dumbo Bombo.

Bombo is reincarnated as a young, power-hitting first baseman for the Anaheim, California of Greater Suburban Orange County Los Angeles Angels. Bombo Trumbo.

Bombo the macho-man Vietnam vet me-against-the -world crime fighter. Bombo Rambo.

Bombo enlists the help of a similarly talented friend, grows out his dreadlocks, dons some hip 80's oversized glitter suits and lip-syncs his way to fame. Bombo Vanilli.

ok, that one made me laugh. maybe not you.

Bombo reinvents himself as a world renowned defender of humanitarian causes as well as that round thing with the net on it that millionaires keep trying to put that round orange thing in.

Bombo Mutombo.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    I contacted the seller, he said in addition to cash, he would take similar-conditioned Larvell Blanks cards in trade using High Beckett value as reference.

This disproves his claim that he knows nothing about cards, so I don't think I'm going to go through with any deal, despite the fact that I am sitting on a pile of mid 1970s Topps Larvell Blanks cards and really like the growth potential of the Riveras.