Home Precious Metals
Options

If the US gets downgraded, it will have joined a distinquished list

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
The US will join Canada, Australia and Sweden as countries that have had their credit ratings lowered in the last 25 years. I think all are held in fairly high regard today. image

Bring it on Moodys!!! LOL

"The fact that you go from AAA to AA+ doesn't mean rates will go higher," says Mr. Dellis
Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    Yet if the US goes down, Australia, Canada and Sweeden will be some of the only countries left with a AAA rating.
    Still thinking of what to put in my signature...
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rating agencies are as useful as the Q & A Forum. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The rating agencies are as useful as the Q & A Forum. MJ >>

The fact that the US even has a AAA rating after 2008 is proof of that. Reserve currency status (thanks to the oil market) is the primary thing keeping the dollar above zero. As oil buying nations wean themselves from required dollar purchases it will be a whole new ballgame. Of course leaders that have tried to do so have been killed or invaded. These days, regime change is about protecting the reserve status of the dollar and has nothing to do with providing freedom to the citizens.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar