Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FSHO: original 1921 Pilgrim.

Good evening:

This 1921 Pilgrim is the last lot of an accumulation of U.S. coins that I have been selling on behalf of a friend of the family.

The coin is uncirculated and strictly original as attested to by what some board members affectionately call “crust”. (See the photos below, particularly the reverse photo. Note that the coin was photographed through a glassine sleeve) It is white, not silvery, and untoned.

Additionally, the coin came to me in a box (also pictured) which was the subject of a recent thread on the U.S. Coin forum (see Link) There is no evidence that this box represents original packaging of the 1921 Pilgrim; however, according to some contributors to that thread, it may have been associated with some other commem. At any rate, the box will be included in the sale.

Note that while lustrous, this coin is not flashy. I would say that it has the sort of muted luster that is acquired by long-term storage in a cabinet or the mentioned box.

Net mintage of this issue is 20,000. Asking 240.00 delivered.

Terms: I will ship to domestic addresses only, insured. Personal check and postal money orders ok, the former of which must clear, please. I don’t take Paypal. There is a return privilege; if for any reason you find the coin lacking, please have the coin and the box in the mail within 7 days of receipt for a refund of the price of the coin minus my actual postage and insurance costs. Safe return of both items in original condition is the responsibility of the buyer.

I am a math professor and a student of US coinage since the early 1960s when my grandfather Whit Hart got me hooked. On Ebay, I am davidwm. On request, I will gladly send you an email from my Ebay account in verification of my Ebay identity.

Thanks again. And thank you to PCGS for providing this avenue of sale.

Whit
Whit

Comments

• Options
    cool item
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭
    Pm sent