Home Precious Metals
Options

There is warning of a 9.5 earthquake

BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
a 300 foot tsunami will strike shortly after.Followed by a a plague of biblical dimensions.

I can handle them, cause there is nothing that we can do about them. What is happening

in Washington, is man made and that is what makes it so terrible. When will our elected

officials start doing something on behalf of the entire Nation, something intelligent, worthy

and honorable. Both ppolitical parties have stripped all the protective language from prior

legislation, they do not want to fund the Consumer Protection Agency, they allow jobs and

factories to move overseas and defer taxes indefinitely as long as the profits stay overseas.

The wealthy hide money in Ireland or the Cayman Islands where low if not no taxes are required.

We keep signing free trade agreements which continue to destroy our industrial base and

quality jobs . One begins to wonder, exactly who, is representing we the people in Washington.

Truly a very sad thing indeed.
There once was a place called
Camelotimage

Comments

• Options

<< <i>exactly who, is representing we the people in Washington. >>

Vote Union, we are smart!!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said Bear. I don't know who or what to believe.
    I believe in God, that's about it.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote Union, we are smart!!

WTF

• Options
    "Our leaders are the finest men,
    and we elect them again and again.
    That's what I learned in school today,
    that's what I learned in school"

"They say our government must be strong,
    it's always right and never wrong.
    That's what I learned in school today,
    that's what I learned in school."

-----------
    Pete Seeger used to sing that song, among others.
    Silly sarcastic ass.
    Many, many perfect transactions with other members. Ask please.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that my political sympathies lie with those tea partiers who have the gall to stand on principles - Constitutional principles.

It's not funny how we are labelled extremists, violent, and dangerous right wingers when the status quo in Washington DC feels any pressure at all to follow the supreme law of the land.

Life as "we" know it is ending - just ask Nancy Pelosi. The markets will crash 20% or more - just ask Tax Cheat Timmy Geithner. It would be laughable, but it's really not. The only ones trying to crash the whole system are the ones running it.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "I have to admit that my political sympathies lie with those tea partiers who have the gall to stand on principles..."

But, you know, the tea partiers were elected by a constituency that believes in those prinicpals and you can label them what you want but they are real and they do believe that way and there's a lot of them. Anyone representing the status quo will resist any change such as the tea partiers are proposing...the old guard will call the the teapeople any evil thing they can think of to discredit the beliefs of the tea partiers because the old guard lives by the status quo and they don't want to change they way power works...changes in structure make the old guard vulnerable and that's bad if you want to stay in power. But the tea partiers exist because there are a bunch of citizens that believe that way as well and that's why all those voters are represented in congress. The only thing tea party representatives have to lose is their constituency so it's not hard to figure how they are going to play this debt earthquake. "Party on, Garth."
  • Options

<< <i>I have to admit that my political sympathies lie with those tea partiers who have the gall to stand on principles - Constitutional principles.

It's not funny how we are labelled extremists, violent, and dangerous right wingers when the status quo in Washington DC feels any pressure at all to follow the supreme law of the land.

Life as "we" know it is ending - just ask Nancy Pelosi. The markets will crash 20% or more - just ask Tax Cheat Timmy Geithner. It would be laughable, but it's really not. The only ones trying to crash the whole system are the ones running it. >>

If the line in the sand is not drawn then we continue on. The bad thing is the policy of paying down the debt will indeed land us in a depression. I believe that is the only way out. The way out...is the way through. The longer this is propped up the worse it will be in the end. Time to face the music. Time to pay the piper. I want to go through it now. Not my two year old daughter 20 years from now. I am not prepared physically but I am mentally and hope I can get there physically image

Lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I got sunburned on Hillsboro Beach last week ( nowhere near tampa or the 3rd world of the west coast ) But I did swim in the ocean , first time since you know when and it was fantastic .

There's something about the calm cool sophistication of the east coast image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"I have to admit that my political sympathies lie with those tea partiers who have the gall to stand on principles..."

But, you know, the tea partiers were elected by a constituency that believes in those prinicpals and you can label them what you want but they are real and they do believe that way and there's a lot of them. Anyone representing the status quo will resist any change such as the tea partiers are proposing...the old guard will call the the teapeople any evil thing they can think of to discredit the beliefs of the tea partiers because the old guard lives by the status quo and they don't want to change they way power works...changes in structure make the old guard vulnerable and that's bad if you want to stay in power. But the tea partiers exist because there are a bunch of citizens that believe that way as well and that's why all those voters are represented in congress. The only thing tea party representatives have to lose is their constituency so it's not hard to figure how they are going to play this debt earthquake. "Party on, Garth." >>

I've been a Tea Party American since the Santelli rant of Feb. 2009. I knew how I felt. I didn't realize I was one of millions that had enough of both sides of the aisle. There's no leader of the party 'cause WE are the leaders. Sounds hookey but going back to the basics is key to country's survival. Now, once again, we are being demonized, called racist, right-wing extremists, hobbits, etc. on the debt ceiling. We didn't create it. We just put a spotlight on it. We've been watching these red and blue c%ckroaches scurry for months. Eventually we'll have to call in the Orkin man because c%ckroaches will always be disgusting c%ckroaches.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and now we are Hobbits, per John McCain's new interpretation of the constituency who wants some accountability. He may not know it (which wouldn't surprise me since he is oblivious to most everything), but he might have tapped into a counterculture vein who can kick him and his ilk further out of Congress.

Regards, Bilbo
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Term limits are a must.
    “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    We tried term limits in California and it did not work. Instead of having corrupt politicians,

we now have inept , inexperienced and corrupt politicians. Nothing has changed, except for

the worst. No body seems to know how to do anything any more.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage