Home Precious Metals
Options

I'm gonna trade in all my 72% silver, try to trade for gold.

I have about 140 pure .999 ounces of 72% mexican silver. I talked to my local BM today and told him I was going to bring it all by next week to talk about a trade for American Eagle fractionals or some other gold. He told me he would take all of this silver to the smelter and says at the end of the day he'll get back about 90% (given shipping, insurace and smelter pricing). I know he has to make a profit. My question, if I wanted 1/4 or 1/2 eagles, what type of a deal should I expect? I'm trying to decide if I should just sell it all on ebay and convert it, or skip ebay and do it all at his shop. Given eBay/PP fee's I feel like the smart moves would to do it all at the BM if he gives me a fair trade. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pure,
    and
    72%

don't seem to go together

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>pure,
    and
    72%

don't seem to go together >>

Agree. Is it pure (999 fine) or is it 72%? It can't be both. Do you have a pic? Are these coins or bars or what? We need more details.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    The 72% coins equal to about 140 oz of pure .999 silver. Perhaps I should have stated it different.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    If they are the Libertads you bought from me FC, those are .999 plata pura. Just because they are mexican doesn't mean they are .720. I hope you are pleasantly surprsied if that is what you were thinking. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>If they are the Libertads you bought from me FC, those are .999 plata pura. Just because they are mexican doesn't mean they are .720. I hope you are pleasantly surprsied if that is what you were thinking. image >>

No!! not Libertads!! Due to my lack in crystall ball fortune telling, I passed that deal up at $38/oz. image

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    pm sent image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.