Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Direct Ship Dollar Rolls

Looks like all are back in stock again including Lincoln.

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like all are back in stock again including Lincoln. >>

You gonna order by Check, Money Order or Wire Transfer since they do not accept Credit Card Orders any longer?

"Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls

The United States Mint has eliminated the credit and debit card purchase of $1 Coins through its Direct Ship Program effective July 22, 2011. Customers who wish to purchase $1 coins through the Direct Ship Program can still do so by wire transfer, check, or money order. Customers who wish to purchase the coins by wire transfer may fax their order to: (202) 756-6585. Customers interested in purchasing by check or money order may do so by writing to:

United States Mint
    PO Box 71192
    Philadelphia, PA 19176-6192
    Please download the order form and follow the instructions provided on the form. (Order Form).

The Mint has determined that this policy change is prudent due to ongoing activity by individuals purchasing $1 coins with credit cards, accumulating frequent flyer miles, and then returning coins to local banks. Local banks, in turn, returned coins to the Federal Reserve. While not illegal, this activity was a clear abuse and misuse of the program.

The Mint has undertaken several aggressive internal and external actions to mitigate this issue, including restricting chronic and repeated use of credit cards, contacting customers who frequently placed large numbers of orders to ensure they were using the coins for legitimate business purchases, and other measures. While these measures eliminated a significant amount of misuse in the program, we believe some abuse still exists. Eliminating the credit and debit card purchase of the $1 coin is the next step in our efforts to root out abuse in this program and ensure it is better targeted toward fulfilling its intended purpose—which is to get the $1 Coin into greater circulation.

Thank you for your understanding and your continued support of the $1 coin program.

The United States Mint"
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I was able to pick up three rolls of the James Buchanan's at the Commisary earlier this week come to find out they put five in every cash register tray they make up. The baggers work for tips so they go on there merry way if only slowly.
    Glad to see a few of them actully being used. Mine will be spent as I gave up on them as a collectable.
  • Options
    Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I was able to pick up three rolls of the James Buchanan's at the Commisary earlier this week come to find out they put five in every cash register tray they make up. The baggers work for tips so they go on there merry way if only slowly.
    Glad to see a few of them actully being used. Mine will be spent as I gave up on them as a collectable.
    image >>

What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file