Home Precious Metals
Options

I'm surprised there are not a lot of threads calling this the beginning of the SHTF

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
did I miss them?
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the middle. second half about to begin. the can kicking is about to enter a cul de sac. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yours is the first!!

Let the games begin....

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    I am sprised we haven't seen the DOW plunging w/the looming debt ceiling thangy...
  • Options
    SHHHHH!!!!
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options

<< <i>I am sprised we haven't seen the DOW plunging w/the looming debt ceiling thangy... >>

I think everyone expects them to at least punt and just plain raise the debt ceiling.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody has their fingers and their knees crossed, figuring the idiots in Washington will get it done. If the sun comes up on Tuesday with no agreement, look out!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    I am still waiting for my pooo slinging monkey to arrive....

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me that stocks and miners were whacked pretty good this past week.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    The great prognosticator Jim Cramer said the S will HTF if a deal isn't done. He said the market will get hit hard, and "they know nothing".
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter if a deal is done. Damage is already done with the AA rating now unless they cut at least $4 Trillion right away. The Fed will not be in control of interest rates anymore possibly.
  • Options
    And the Donald has just proven why he should never be elected to any office:

he said the Republicans should let the country default so they will win the next election.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And the Donald has just proven why he should never be elected to any office:

he said the Republicans should let the country default so they will win the next election. >>

...I seriously didn't believe your post so I googled it:

Donald the Turd

I don't even know what to say about that
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    The deal is August 2nd will come and go regardless of a deal. The money won't run out on August 2nd. So if people want to react....ok. I believe a deal will drop PM's momentarily. Silver maybe significantly. In the end it won't matter a bit as the uptrend will continue and the graph will be up parabolicly for the next few years.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to worry, after the SHTF the NWO will take over
    and issue a one world currency, and chip everyone. They already own
    the worlds wealth anyway.The Rothchilds, Warburgs, Morgans, Rockefellers, Lazard Brothers, etc
    already have this scheme in place. No one will be able to stop them, the TRUE MASTERS
    will stop at nothing.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very nice and sharp hatchet and a copy of The Zombie Combat Manual in my truck. The folks at the car wash pointed that out once....once. I'm at least getting ready for the SHTF
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    You could ways short the index's. But of course..... if you do the market will rally after you execute the trade. image

I think its best to go neutral and wait and see what happens.

I have sold most of my SLV call options. That means silver will go to $60 on Tuesday! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spooly, I think that the best time to buy physical silver bullion is the same day that you liquidate a position in SLV. Unless you are a world-beater in market timing, that is...
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭
    I think this thread should read When the Sh$t stops hitting the fan! image
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely we will just keep muddling through until some unforeseen event shakes things up - like, say, another Hurricane Katrina - that will start a domino effect.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And the Donald has just proven why he should never be elected to any office:

. >>

Already have defaulted but I agree about trump
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting a SHTF thread is for lightweights; better to be doing something useful, like
    standing on a streetcorner wearing a "THE END IS NEAR" sandwich board, ringing a bell, and hollering obscenities at passers-by.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

American "Heck"holes

Had to "censor" the title for the obvious reasons.

• Options
    Its not about default, there is still plenty of income to pay Tbill interest. Its about the possibility that the Eagle won't keep feeding more play money into the system and maybe they might have to cut all the payola to all those special interests. Social security has 2 bil in TBills so threats to cut that this week are just lies. Maybe a few less $$50million planes and ships.

Wall Street is freaked that they might just stop filling the feeding troth. That would cause a real crisis, not a threat of default.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>did I miss them? >>

They were all posted in 2008 when every other thread here was about guns and ammo, when everyone was worried about marauding, roving, starbucks coffee swilling gangs of out of work office workers running amok intermittently when they had time between the kids soccer practices.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone knows with any degree of certainty, what our future holds.
    Is there any validity in anything I see or read? Seems I'm questioning everything.
    What happens when the U.S. isn't the worlds reserve currency?
    Can China just stop buying U.S. treasury bonds/debt?
    What if they want gold instead, or seek other options?
    China cannot completely abandon us
    because it would destroy their own assets right?
    God Bless us all image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    I don't think anyone knows with any degree of certainty, what our future holds.
    Is there any validity in anything I see or read? Seems I'm questioning everything.
    God Bless us all

morgansforever, sometimes I feel as if I'm living in the year 1012 except that we have the internet, telephones, airplanes, cars, and nuclear missiles. Everything else seems eerily like we haven't learned anything in a millenium or so.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think anyone knows with any degree of certainty, what our future holds.
    God Bless us all image >>

Here's what the future holds.

The dollar collapses, inflation soars and interests rates race higher. Best to own hard assets, commodities for instance...and silver for barter.
    Foriegn currencies could serve you well. China does cut back on the amount of bonds it buys.

It's all a matter of time...could be the next few years...but certainly by 2020 at the latest.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    I just don't see the advantage in foreign currencies. Does anyone think that if the dollar collapses other currencies won't be affected?

The first effect of a dollar collapse would be a rush out of dollars. Where would that capital rush to? What would the US government's reaction be to a rush out of dollars?

I don't even think that the smartest hedge fund guys have an answer to the end game, because I don't think anyone really knows.

Buy gold and silver.

I knew it would happen.