Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is Michigan...

Comments

• Options
    sayheykid54sayheykid54 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    What lame ignorant videos. One thing about Detroit fans is that they always come out to the games and support the their teams.

I personally love the Metro Detroit area especially Northern Michigan and the UP, which is spectacular.

Unlike other states that rely as tourism for income at least Michigan stands on its own two feet and has a storied viable industry.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Only two types of people would post those videos: someone who lives in Michigan and can laugh and joke about their own loyalty to the local sports teams OR someone who is not from Michigan, but who is jealous and thus feels the need to try to put down those Detroit fans. Which are you?
  • Options
    ok, thats funny, i was looking for a place to share this parody,, toooo funny, What are you some kind of wise guy,, bahahahahaha
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I am 43 years old...
    Born in Detroit...
    Lived in Detroit and suburbs my entire life...
    Big fan of: Tigers, Wings, UofM, Sparty, GVSU, Ferris, CMU, WMU...
    Big HATER of: Lions

I didn't make these videos, they are spoofs done locally to mock the HUGE "Pure Michigan" TV commercials that are voiced-over by Tim Allen. I think they are very funny.

Here is a REAL commercial
    South of Heaven...North of Canada
  • Options
    I thought you were most likely from Michigan...otherwise, you probably wouldn't even appreciate most of the humor in the videos. By the way, I am 44 years old and live in a suburb of Detroit as well.
  • Options
    Ok then, if people don't care for the topic...feel free to delete Mods...

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I appreciated your humor in these videos! I'm from NE Ohio, we both suck! image
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    All right you Detroiters, spit it out, where you all from . . .

Me, born in Detroit, moved to Sterling Heights in Junior High, undergraduate and graduate at Michigan State University, lived in Ann Arbor from 1989-1995, been in Hamburg (near Pinckney) since. Married me a yooper from near Esanaba (don't ask).
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>Ok then, if people don't care for the topic...feel free to delete Mods... >>

Is it an need for more attention why people put unquestionably OT threads here instead of the SPORTS TALK forum where they are on topic? If the sports talk topics where all placed there, it would be quite an active board.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok then, if people don't care for the topic...feel free to delete Mods... >>

Having visited family in Deerborn on a number of occasions, and attending legions of shows/concerts from Pine Knob to the Lager House among other trips to The D, I'd heard references of "downriver dirtbags" but never really knew the context. After viewing the Tigers video you posted, I saw the link for "Pure Michigan Downriver". It brought back bad memories of SW Michiganlanders invading South Bend and bringing all the redneck and fashion (jorts, tank-top, Timberland boots) archetypes of those usually seen throughout St Louis Cardinals nation when they invade Wrigley during a Cubs/Cards series. Not that So. Michigan is all bad....Three Oaks and New Buffalo can be cool little towns. As for the Tigers video, every fanbase has a large sector of fans who love the scrappy (usually white) guy. Cubs - Theriot, Fontenot, and the Latin version, Augie Ojeda, all widely beloved when they were here for all the wrong reasons....because they each suck. You attend any random Bears game, and you'll see no fewer than 100 fans still rocking a Tom Waddle #87 jersey 15 years later. Notre Dame fans - Rudy! Red Wing fans - Kris Draper. Blackhawk fans - Adam Burish. Cardinals fans - David Eckstein. Cardinals/Philly/Angels fans - Rex Hudler. Red Sox fans - Pedroia. Yankee fans - Luis Sojo etc etc.
  • Options

<< <i>All right you Detroiters, spit it out, where you all from . . . >>

Me...lived in Detroit, Ferndale, Royal Oak, Almont, St. Clair Shores, Madison Heights....and currently Macomb Township since 1999, three miles north of Lakeside.

<< <i>Is it an need for more attention why people put unquestionably OT threads here instead of the SPORTS TALK forum where they are on topic? If the sports talk topics where all placed there, it would be quite an active board. >>

All people like you care about is bumping up your post count. I know thats why you posted in this thread. (sounds as stupid as your comment about me needing more attention doesn't it?). Ask a MOD to move it, or delete it, I really don't care. It was just meant to be a harmless thread.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    THIS IS VERY POOR TASTE.THIS POST SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE FORUM.

Yes I live in Michigan and was born in Detroit.I LOVE DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!AND THIER TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP YOURS!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    This link will officially make this thread about Detroit BASEBALL CARDS as well:

TY COBB card video
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>All right you Detroiters, spit it out, where you all from . . . >>

Me...lived in Detroit, Ferndale, Royal Oak, Almont, St. Clair Shores, Madison Heights....and currently Macomb Township since 1999, three miles north of Lakeside.

<< <i>Is it an need for more attention why people put unquestionably OT threads here instead of the SPORTS TALK forum where they are on topic? If the sports talk topics where all placed there, it would be quite an active board. >>

All people like you care about is bumping up your post count. I know thats why you posted in this thread. (sounds as stupid as your comment about me needing more attention doesn't it?). Ask a MOD to move it, or delete it, I really don't care. It was just meant to be a harmless thread. >>

Thanks for answering the question instead of spreading dirt around. Classy