Home Precious Metals
Options

Ticker Symbols please....

I decided to take the plunge, and transferred some money this evening to the brokerage account for a little volatility.

I was thinking of dipping my toe into the ZSL and SLV trades and see how it goes.

I have often read about many trading tickers, etc. that many of us here trade. Miners, leveraged short/long plays etc.

If you would be so kind, as to reply with the tickers you trade, with a brief explanation.

Thanks!
Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!

Comments

• Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    Probably not a good idea to get investing advice on a forum such as this but since you askimage

I like gdxj for exposure to junior miners. It has an 8.57% dividend yield that makes it easy to hold. Current price looks real attractive.

I've been trading auy since 2005. It has a periodicity that makes it relatively easy to come and go while making money. (Cramer of all people turned me on to this one.)

My speculation play is pzg. Exploration stage miner that has some promising leads. Beware, I got into this one real cheap so it's all house money at this point and the CEO has been a net seller of late.

ZSL might not be safe at this point since it is double short the price of silver. You have better odds playing the craps tables at Las Vegas.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZSL is a widowmaker, especially in a silver bull trend; it could be a great money maker in a silver bear market. I do like its opposite, AGQ. Here's a good liink for ETF research. Use the drop down box to see different categories:

ETF database

there are some good metals and leveraged ETFs available. Think of ETFs as mutual funds that trade like stocks without the mutual fund expense.

Here's a good link for research. It is good for a lisiting of all available symbols in a particular industry:

FINVIZ stock screener

VXX is another favorite of mine in a bear equities market. My advice would be to pick an industry that you believe has potential and then select what you be to be the best performing symbol(s) in that industry. Remember, the goal is not to pick what has done the best. It is to pick what is going to do the best. Kinda like picking a horse.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt