Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Autographed Card Question - Authenticate UPDATED

Have several cards I have picked up over the years, and would like to authenticate the autographs. What is the thought of authenticating vs. authenticating and grading? I will be keeping most if not, except maybe the Harvey Haddix cards as I would like to get one of him as a Pirate. Thanks for your input!

Comments

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Unless they are in very good condition (9+), then I would simply authenticate. Authenticate + grading is good if you have a gem mint or modern (Bryce Harper, etc) card.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    cards:
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a $10 special going on now

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    the harvey haddix cards both look good.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I only know baseball but if you were planning to sell, I wouldn't even authenticate. The Haddix sigs both look good to me, not a big forgery risk there.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    You can use the current blue flip psa/dna special now or wait for the next red flip special. Most of my stuff I use red flips since those can go into the PSA registries.

If these are just for your personal collection and you just want the autographs autenticated the current blue flip special would probably be fine.
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    If you want to participate in the DNA registry, you need a DNA blue flip that is graded. Otherwise, you can just get it authenticated via DNA blue flip or PSA red flip. I personally have all my autographs graded via DNA. I like the blue flip.

Logan
  • Options
    The Bradshaw cards look like the work of the ghost signer he uses.
  • Options
    Updated - the other Haddix came back good also, the other Bradshaw was "questionable". I really like the Rooney slabbed. Thanks for your help and opinions
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Rooney slabbed too...

Good Job!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Rooney card. Congrats.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON