Home Precious Metals
Options

OT....Anyone else get their Dunkin Donuts today ?

Was only allowed 100 shares of DNKN at 19, but bought some more when it opened at 25.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    has about the same prospects as a starbucks or kirspy kreme.

not bashing them, but they are not going to be some phenomenal growth stock.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Dunkin donuts does well on the east coast but does not fare well in the Albuquerque area where new stores end up closing soon after they open and there is only 1 in Sante Fe.
  • Options

<< <i>has about the same prospects as a starbucks or kirspy kreme.

not bashing them, but they are not going to be some phenomenal growth stock. >>

Have you followed Panera Bread ? Dunkin is only an east coast coffee shop, and their IPO was done so that they could build
    new stores in new locations. They could easily outperform Panera.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great coffee - marginal donuts

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>great coffee - marginal donuts >>

I agree with you 100% other than I think the donuts are great and the coffee is marginal.
  • Options
    InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>great coffee - marginal donuts >>

I agree with you 100% other than I think the donuts are great and the coffee is marginal. >>

Thanks for the laugh.

East coaster all my life, my folks love the coffee. Get them a pound or two every time I get a chance to stop in. Of course, if they have a bavarian creme filled, that one comes home with me image

Nope, don't own any stock for DuhDoe's. We've only seen one store shut down. More Krispy Kreme's have come and gone... The Bright Orange Light on does not draw me... image
    Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I miss Dunkin'! None here in AR though I thought they had been working with a realtor in Little Rock last year. I would LOVE to have a store or two but the franchise fee was out of my league. image

I thouroughly believe i could make a mint down here with DD. When the best place for just a cup of coffee (not fru-fru drinks) is Mickey-D's, I KNOW DD would be a hit.
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    "Dunkin donuts does well on the east coast but does not fare well in the Albuquerque area where new stores end up closing soon after they open and there is only 1 in Sante Fe."

I know the one in Santa Fe well - St. Francis Drive. Always stop there for a coffee and a donut to ward off fatigue when traveling to Los Alamos. Come to think of it I think this is the only one I'm aware of in my travels through the Southwest.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I stop at DD every morning - love their coffee. I cannot stand starbucks coffee - like their fraps on hot days though.
    I might buy some stock- the ones around me are always crowded.
  • Options
    Local 2 location Country Donuts beats Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts by a mile. Did you know Dunkin has their donuts trucked in. Country makes them on site.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    If it turns out to be anything like Taco Bell and Krispy Kreme....meh.image
    Becky
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    panera is more of a restaurant.

SBUX, KKD, DNKN are specialty food and drink stores.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Sorry but Krispy Kreme's destroy dunkin donuts. No contest.

Try the Krispie Kreme Factory on Federal in Ft Lauderdale. Go late when the glazed are rolling hot off the rails. Just be prepared to eat a dozen image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I was healthy enough to eat donuts.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was only allowed 100 shares of DNKN at 19, but bought some more when it opened at 25. >>

and it closed at $27 and change. you did good