Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Probstein123

I used Rick to sell off some cards that were really not a part of my collection a week ago. The auctions ended on Monday night, per my request. I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed, not only with the hammer price my cards acheived, but moreover the service I got from Rick and his team. By lunchtime yesterday, I had Rick on my phone following up to see if I was pleased with the return, and providing me a spreadsheet on what exactly my final take home was. Very detailed, Very Impressed on my end. As an aside, the highest valued card that I consigned closed at 12% over VCP and brought and all-time high for the card, at least based on my tracking of this card over the last 4 years. I will absolutely use Rick in the future for any card selling needs.

Thanks for the impressive service Rick!

Comments

• Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
  • Options

I have a question for you. Do you know if Rick has a base price for what a card will need to bring in for him to accept to consign? Like a card will have to bring in at least a x amount of dollars for him to make it worth his time.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    What type of timeframe does Rick have from auction end to payment sent?
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>What type of timeframe does Rick have from auction end to payment sent? >>

I am picking up my proceeds from Rick in person at the National. Easier for me that way. I will let him answer what typical turnaround time is for payment, under normal scenerio's.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He mailed my check the day after the auctions ended - can't beat that.

I was happy with my prices, and thrilled with the service. Rick did about 70 items for me last week, with ending prices of around $2 to $400+. No muss, no fuss.

All in, with ebay and paypal fees and his cut, I got about 83% of hammer price (he was running a special, so might cost a little more next time).

I'll use him again for sure.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    does this not make it relatively easy for consignors to shill their items?

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I will gladly add to the list of delighted customers of Rick's. He is professional, sends you a list of items that ended the night before the very next morning early, and gets higher prices than I can with his reputation and experience.

I consigned items recently through Rick that I attempted to sell here on the B,S, T boards for over a year, and 99 percent of those items sold for over what I asked for them here(after paying very competitive consignment fees) and there were a few dozen cards that sold for 200-300% more than I could not sell here.

I'm not even going to bother selling here anymore, it's easier and I make more money with Probstein, thanks again Rick.
  • Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Nice to know!
  • Options
    I have had Rick sell 17 different lots of cards for me since February. Everytime the following day the auctions had ended I received a detailed spreadsheet with totals. 15 of the 17 times he deposited the money into my account the day after the auctions ended. The 2 others he sent a check which I received only a couple days later. Usually my batches are from 50 to 100 cards.

My batches of cards widely ranged in price and years. Some went for several hundred, some for only a few dollars. As a rule of thumb I try to only send cards that will at least sell for $20 or more.

The best around, I strongly recommend, and I will continue to use Rick's services on a regular basis.

Take care,
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I sent items to Rick a couple of weeks ago for the first time. The day after the auctions ended I had a spreadsheet in my email with the details of the transactions and a few days later a check in my mailbox. I sent more items to him last week and I will continue to use Rick. I was vary happy with the prices.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BenOutbidBenOutbid Posts: 78 ✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I just made a small purchase from Rick (about 75 bucks) and thoroughly impressed. Thanks Rick!

The guy really knows how to give great customer service. Ive never used him to sell but as we can all see, its top notch.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    You guys are making me think I should close my eBay account and only use Rick.

Joe

I am watching 2 auctions to bid on.
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Rick is selling some of my items. So far so good. Please bid on Rick's inventory.

Shawn
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    That is awesome to hear! I might be using the same service one day soon image
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys are making me think I should close my eBay account and only use Rick. >>

I'm thinking the same thing.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    It's all about systems and time. Rick has 149 Auctions of mine going on right now.

With his following of Buyers, his small rates, I feel my time is better off used to find more inventory to sell rather than list, sell, collect, package, ship, deal with non payers, etc.

I would say if you are pondering using his services, give it a try with your next batch of cards before you list them yourself. You can't go wrong with the rates.

Mike
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    thanks guys, your appreciation is appreciated...

please stop by and say hello at the national, I'm booth #1033

we will have 4 workstations set up with internet access so if you need to check something...we'll do our best to help you...

my staff is coming and we will accepting and posting consignments real-time...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am watching 2 auctions to bid on. >>

Good luck, please let us know what happens...
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of Rick's happy customers.

I sold on eBay a couple of years ago and wasn't really looking forward to getting back into it. I had about 30-35 cards I wanted to get rid of.

After reading about Rick's reputation on these boards and seeing some of his posts, I decided to consign my cards to him. For a VERY reasonable fee he gets the job done! I recommended him to one of my buddies that was in the same situation and he is a happy camper as well.

Keep up the great work Rick! Hope you have a fantastic "National".image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999

<< <i>What type of timeframe does Rick have from auction end to payment sent? >>

I have been paid within 7 days both times I have consigned through Rick.
    I just can not say enough good things about Rick and his services. Just top notch all the way around.
  • Options
    Another big thumbs up for Rick! I've been accumulating 1955/56 Topps for about 6 months now, and I decided it was time to sell of my duplicates. Rick was very helpful and quick to answer my questions, which were many and must've been annoying. My cards were listed the night they were recieved.

Just closed auctions tonight on the 31 cards, and they brought overall 115+% of VCP avg, including a lot of 9 low grades that bring that number down a bit (easily over 125% without it). Here are some of the highlights, the 55's just brought the house down. Information via VCP.

1955 Spahn #31 PSA 5 $50.00 - this card has really shot up lately
    1955 Haddix #43 PSA 6 $27.88 - highest ever?!?
    1955 Zernial #110 PSA 6 $27.00 - again, highest ever?!
    1955 Herbert #138 PSA 6 $24.50 - yep, again
    1955 Pepper #147 PSA 6 $20.51 - highest in over 4 years
    1955 Moore #208 PSA 6 $56.00 - highest in over 3 years, minus one crazy outlier at $130 that must've looked like a 7 (mine didn't)

I couldn't be much happier with these results. I also think that selling on Ebay during National is probably not a bad thing at all. Maybe there's some drinking and bidding going on image

Probstein123.... top notch.

Chad

1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7