Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Where is the 1975 mini thread?

Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
Don't tell me that the turd in the punch bowl got it removed...
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    It was there at 3pm this afternoon.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't tell me that the turd in the punch bowl got it removed... >>

Mike,
    It was only a matter of time before that bird guy did the damage. Ridiculous for such an informative thread

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Only ridiculous if it isnt returned minus the offensive posts and poster.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭
    I sure hope the thread is reinstated minus the negative remarks. Deleting the entire thread would be wrong. Considering it is one of the most popular threads on the PSA Registry Forum.
  • Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    It's sort of like when I was a kid and I was playing in the sandbox and having a great time and some jerky kid would come along and topple my masterpiece.

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    So an irresponsable few can get a very popular thread taken down? Sorry, but I don't buy it. There is more to this story than a few bad eggs making negative comments! Let the conspiracy theories role image
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Well, the latest is that the number of registered mini sets is down to 58, and another mini related thread that was all of a few hours old disappeared about 0730 eastern this morning. It's been a strange last 24 hours in mini land.
  • Options
    Henri's sets are gone........

1975 Topps Minis, 1964 Topps
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Removing the original thread is like burning down a library. Just think of all the useful information (both good and bad) about the 1975 Topps Mini Set that just went POOF!
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too am sad to see this thread disappear, I would think when a thread gets this big the decent thing to do would be to just delete the "offensive" replies.image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    hockeycrazyhockeycrazy Posts: 309 ✭✭
    And the final insult to these great collectors is now complete...
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Some of the rarest cards to be seen in a long while pass tonight and no thread to sit and chat about it with...kinda sad.. and wrong.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    WTF??? I'm not a collector of Minis, but I certainly enjoyed poking my head in that thread and I know there was many years of important information in there. I completely missed why it was poofed, but the fact that it was poofed is an enormous travesty. I usually back a mod's decision to poof a thread, but this is COMPLETELY unjustified and flat out ridiculous to such a well-established and highly informative thread. There is NO REASON why this thread had to be completely removed instead of deleting the problem posts. If I had skin in this game, I would be calling Mr. Joe.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    WOW so what does this mean? Any alt/kid can come in and ruin a thread and have it easily poofed? I guess the alts have won... image
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    someone should talk to carol at the national and hopefully get this resolved. if not unfortunately it is time to move on and start another thread. maybe a couple of the heavy hitters can start it with a nice summary of the set
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I am deeply saddened by this. It really is like losing a library.

The decision to just erase that thread like it never happened only serves to erase my interest in PSA's forums. Why invest so many years discussing things with people, sharing information with collectors, having good conversation with fellow enthusiasts, and posting pictures or our treasures if one jackanapes can come on the boards and get the whole thing destroyed?
  • Options
    I'm still hopeful that PSA will simply review the thread and remove the inappropriate remarks and reinstate the thread. There are so many scans of remarkable examples of 75 Topps mini's. So many passionate statements that reveal so much information about this wonderful set of cards. It is evident that many posters tried to tame the out of control comments posted on the thread. The thread is 6 years in the making! Why wouldn't PSA want that thread to continue less the negative remarks? It appears to be the 3rd longest running thread on the forum! It's a tribute to the success of the fourm!

I for one feel the freedom of speach is a pretty darn good thing in America! The scene in "Field of Dreams" comes to mind..... when Ray's wife gets into it with one of the locals at a town meeting image The person(s) responsible for taking the 75 Topps Mini thread off the forum should watch the scene I'm referring to and reconsider what they've done here!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone approached Carol about this yet? Even if they wanted to, I wonder if they have the ability to bring that thread back. Is it even backed up?
  • Options
    I have communicated with Joe O. and their plan is to remove the questionable remarks and reinstate the thread at a later date. They hope to have this completed in a reasonable time frame.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Thanks, MM. That will be the ideal solution if it happens.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    This is great news! Thanks MM.

aconte
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have communicated with Joe O. and their plan is to remove the questionable remarks and reinstate the thread at a later date. They hope to have this completed in a reasonable time frame. >>

Looks like that never happened!? image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the 'official where is the 1975 mini thread?' gets more love than the 'official standard size 1975 thread'. image
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    I'm still hanging onto that "MY WORD IS STRONGER THAN OAK" thing? I believe we should be able to trust the leader of PSA?

Joe O. say it ain't so! Tell us PSA hasn't voided over 3,000 entries representing one of the longest running threads in the PSA Message Board's History!

WE HAVE WAITED PATIENTLY! WE HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!

BRING BACK OUR 1975 TOPPS MINI THREAD PLEASE!
  • Options
    If at first you don't succeed, try try try again! image
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If at first you don't succeed, try try try again! image >>

Tomorrow morning I am starting a thread asking Joe O about this. I'm going to specifically name him in the thread title! Maybe that will get the attention of someone at PSA?! image Or at worst.....maybe get me banned from this forum!!! image
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I hope if it happens, they combine the "new" mini thread with the old one. There's almost 400 posts in the new thread.