Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Are the "Royal Shield of Arms" coins introduced in the UK in 2008 now the "coin of th

I was intrigued by the concept and design of the 7-coin series when it was announced back before 2008. All regular denomination coins (1d thru 2 pounds) were to be replaced by coins with a piece of the Shield of Arms puzzle.

My understanding was that they would be accepted in parallel with the previous designs until such a time as the old designs were de-monetized. Is that still the case/plan?

I'd like to get my hands on a circulating piece of each denomination, but don't know if they are all circulating yet, or just being slowly introduced.... but they ARE in circulation by now, aren't they? Not just in annual/proof sets? I don't want/need to spend a lot on those types - - I'd just be interested in adding one of each from circulation.... maybe in trade with someone who travels or vacations over in the U.K.

Any info on these would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-- Daveimage

Comments

• Options
    Yes , they have been in circulation for a while now Dave , a good couple of years. I had a full set but can't remember what i did with that , i have the executive proof set for 2010 but that's OTT for what you want. If time is on your side i can get my brother or sister or Mom to send me a decent set out of circulation and we can swap something.I'll be around later tonight or whenever , there's ebay uk as well of course.
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi again, James!!

I haven't spoken to you since we were both dgging out from under the blizzards!! Bet you'd trade for some of that now, huh?! Would sure beat the oven we've been in recently!

I'd be up for a swap - - what holes do you still have remaining on circ U.S. stuff, or what else interests you these days? I have waited this long...........so a little longer until a family member sends a set over from circulation would be fine with me & much appreciated!

Thanks!

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    Your not wrong there Dave , the humidity is just something else entirely. A bit cooler today though and my lawn appreciated that rain so no complaints today.
    I'm on the phone to Scotland in the morning , i'll have my brother send a full set for you and ensure it's nice Unc circulated and i'll ask him to see if he can get them all the same year,shouldnt be a problem as they only been circulating 3 years. I'm good for the park quarters , if you have a spare sac that would be good as im starting a set for my nephew and so far have 1 2000 S , i'll pm you tomorrow to confirm we have this in hand Dave , coincidently my brother is Dave too
  • Options
    Dave , apologies ive rarely been online lately Sir , the trapped nerve has me laid up pretty good.Every post i make is followed by a couple hours regretting moving. Ive had confirmation your coins are on the way , royal mail is hot and cold and ive had items as quick as 6 days and as long as 4 or 5 weeks , depends on if customs get their hands on it.The mail does seem slow right now as i have multiple wins from ebay.uk as well and everything seems in low gear right now.I have to wonder if it's anything connected to the incident at phillie international recently concerning a flight from the UK but im just guessing.I'll get on line the morning these arrive,thanks Dave.
    Oh...i got two Olympic quarters yesterday , the missus got them in change , let me know if you need one and ill pop one in with your UK coins. : )